1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ok i installed the autolamps

heres where to put that wire into pin 32:

heres the back of the multifunction switch:

as i said though all 7 pins on that bottom plug already have wires. (the bottom plug is supposed to be 202B )

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I looked into this a bit. First off, yes, the central junction box and smart junction box refer to the same place. Secondly, that Red/Yellow stripe wire simply connects the headlight switch to the MFS. Can you trace that wire to the plug for the switch? If so, I'm not sure what that step is referring to. I don't see that same color combo used anywhere else on the diagram...

Unfortunately, I didn't see a good diagram on the usual place I look (in the sticky) that traces out the autolamp system. You'll have to figure out someway to find that diagram so you can figure out what connection is missing (likely a wire to the GEM or something)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so the sensor was indeed bad the lights dont turn off during the daytime. but thats fine. i ordered a new one from amazon for $30

ill update again once i get the sensor to clarrify everything works 100% once i do so this thread could be used for reference for other 2000-2003 taurus owners who want to do the install.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
as promised i am updating with my results.

sensor part number: YF1Z-13A018-AA the lights didnt turn on during daylight :) so i put car in garage and BAM the lights turned on... so SUCCESS

so to recap for others

plug C287, pin 2 (Sunload Sensor) -> plug C2280E, pin 14 (Central Junction Box)
plug C287, pin 5 (Sunload Sensor) -> Ground (I USED A BOLT UNDER THE DASH FOR MY GROUNDING POINT)
plug C205A, pin 7 (Headlamp Switch) -> plug C2280E, pin 5 (Central Junction Box)
added missing wire (red w/ yellow stripe) from Multi-Function Switch connector (C202b) to Central Junction Box connector (C270b / pin 32) ONLY NEEDED ON 2000-2003 MODELS IT SEEMS

PARTS:
-the sunload sensor on the dash along with plug.
-a headlight switch with the "A"(auto) mode.
-about 15ft of wire.
-2 pins from donor car plug C2280E.
-1 pin from donor car plug C205A.
-1 pin from donor car plug C270B(bottom row pins must be used as they are different sized),
-either the dash piece from the donor car to mount the sensor or a dremal to make your own hole in your current dash.
-CJB with RKE capabilities(DRL/no DRL - HIGH sku) THIS IM NOT SURE IF NEEDED BUT MY CAR HAS "HIGH /W DRL" AND READ ITS REQUIRED TO HAVE THE HIGH MODEL

for reference for other people here is some pictures to help people know what they are doing.

i hope this can help someone out there.

SEARCH TERMS:
2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, taurus, autolamps, auto lamps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts