Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm new here, so bear with me if this has been previously covered. I have a fully-loaded 2002 Sable. Three or four days ago, everything worked fine. About Friday or Saturday, which were both very hot days, I happened to notice while driving that the climate control display and clock were very dim. Further checking revealed that the automatic headlight system had stopped responding to daylight; the lights are now staying on all the time while driving, although they still shut off automatically when I leave the car. I suspect that a part possibly called a 'solar radiation sensor' may have suddenly failed. I have the impression that this part also ties in with the air conditioning and may affect how cold it gets; however, I keep my A/C on Max Cool all the time, and have not noticed a problem with it not getting cold enough.

My question is, how can I check this out? Is there a diagnostic code associated with this problem? If it does turn out to be the sensor, how tough is this part to replace, and what kind of cost (parts and labor) might be involved? Any relevant information would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts