Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i try to lock or unlock my doors the lock dosent move up or down when i push the buttons. any one have any ideas on what this problem might be?

·
Registered
191 Posts
if it is all your doors check your fuse i'm not sure witch one it is but it will tell you in your owners book. if its just one or two you could have bad motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if it is all your doors check your fuse i'm not sure witch one it is but it will tell you in your owners book. if its just one or two you could have bad motor.

yes it is all of them i will check the fuse and repost with response. thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
still no luck, it seems like the motors are not getting enough power, they move when i try to unlock or lock but they dont move far enough to lock or unlock. anything?

·
Registered
191 Posts
i have the same problem in my car it will work some times then stop i haven't had time to look into what is causing my problem. But if its all of your doors most likely its a wiring problem, switch or a relay has gone bad, check the easiest things first witch would be your relay, fuse and switch.
If needed i can tell you were this stuff is and how to test it just let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have the same problem in my car it will work some times then stop i haven't had time to look into what is causing my problem. But if its all of your doors most likely its a wiring problem, switch or a relay has gone bad, check the easiest things first witch would be your relay, fuse and switch.
If needed i can tell you were this stuff is and how to test it just let me know.

Yeah i have no idea where any of it is except for the fuse. haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts