Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, the auto high beams in my 2010 MKS are not functioning at all. The brights work fine when commanded with the MFS. The headlight switch is in the auto position, auto high beam enabled in the menus, and the windshield is clean and clear. I've tried running the self-tests on the HCM and HCM2 using forscan and both modules pass fine without errors, though there is a saved historic code in the HCM2 (U3000:93). My only thought is that it looks a bit dirty on the inside of the windshield in front of the camera, but I can't figure out how to get the module off the windshield without breaking it and can't find any information available online for removal. Can anyone point me in the right direction on getting this system back to functioning?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I actually dove into it again and was able to remove the 2-piece plastic housing covering the rain sensor and auto high beam camera and then remove the camera itself and clean the inside windshield. It was quite foggy and I was pretty confident that the system would function after cleaning it up, but after taking it for a night drive afterwards, I still have no attempt from the system to turn on the high beams on pitch dark back roads at highway speeds. What should I look at next?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
1 Participant
Schlotzky
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing