Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone that supplied me with info about my auto headlights. I purchased both the switch and the sensor. Turns out the sensor was the problem (thanks to Bull Geek). Plus my climate control AC works much better. Seems the sensor has a dual purpose....light sensor for headlights on/off and AC sensor for regulating the temp on/off controls. I replaced it today but haven't had a chance to see if the lights work although they stay off with switch in auto position so thats a good sign. When it gets dark out I'll check the full operation of the auto lights but I'm certain they will work fine. Thanks again for all your help.....saved me about $200.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Oh you purchased a new switch too? Woops. Well keep the other as a spare :)

Yea I remember my EATC working better as well when the sunload sensor was functioning. Odd huh?

Put something over the lights to test. There is a 10 or 20 sec delay between engagement/disengagement (unlike new Fords) FYI

·
Registered
142 Posts
Glad to hear you got it fixed. This is a great site, full of helpful people. :tcca:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Auto headlights update 2...

I finally got to try the auto headlight repair I performed thanks to TCCA members. Everything works fine. With switch in the auto position I started the car and lights came on and when I shut the car off they stayed on 20 seconds and than went off. Finally!!!! Its been years since they last worked because of the expense of getting the repair done at a shop. I only spent about $65 w/shipping for both parts and about 15-20 minutes time. Of course I didn't need the switch but for the price I'll keep the old one as a spare. Thanks again to all members that added their information to help me out.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts