Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for all the questions, but lately my Sable has been acting weird!

Once the car comes out of park, the doors auto lock. Lately, the door ajar has been staying on a little longer than it should, even though all the doors are closed. If I hit the lock button, it locks, then unlocks all the doors. Sometimes it beeps at me. After about 2 - 3 minutes, it auto locks and everything is fine.

Is my computer possessed?

·
Registered
668 Posts
No. Spray wd-40 into the latches in the doors, right above the latch is the sensor for the door ajar sensor. They need a good cleanin. All you need to do is spray some wd-40 into all 4 doors, make sure the windows are up. That should fix it.

J

·
0 Posts
It sounds like you could have a problem with a door (closed) sensor because I believe if you lock the doors when the car thinks the door is opened and you have the key in the ignition it will unlock the doors to make sure you don't lock yourself out. Just a thought...

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Dec 26 2003, 12:07 AM
It sounds like you could have a problem with a door (closed) sensor because I believe if you lock the doors when the car thinks the door is opened and you have the key in the ignition it will unlock the doors to make sure you don't lock yourself out. Just a thought...
It's the same switch that conrols the lights, etc. Th WD40 trick should work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My daughter came home with her 96 Sable last night and door ajar light was on and dome light would not go off even though all of the doors were closed. I knew I'd read something about that, found this string, got out the can of WD40 and it worked like a charm. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts