Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the um.....amount of free time I have......I decided to make a post showing the high performance Aussie cars, and a little bit about them.

So um....enjoy.

First up we have the Ford XR6t - its a 4litre 6 cylinder turbo engine putting out just over 180kw.

Next we move up to the first of the Ford V8s, XR8, with 5.4 litre V8 - it produces only 260kw. Note the power bulge in the bonnet, its there to provide room for the engine.

Top of the Falcon Range, is the GTP, it has a built up (by FPV) 5.4 litre V8 this time producing a more reasonable 290kw.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now for the competition - which is Holden and HSV (I am going to show you my favourites from this range)

We begin with the SS, the lowest performance V8 of the lineup. It is a 5.7 litre V8, producing 235kw (excuse the smallness of the photo)

The competitor to the GTP is this car, it has HSVs tuned version of the V8, putting out an easy 300kw.

And sorta off the point, here is the basic Monaro - which is the GTO before it gets the different front end. This version has the same engine as the SS, but you can option the HSV GTS engine into it.

Enjoy
Julian

·
Registered
746 Posts
watch the australain supercars race, see who comes out on top more, ford or the holden team

anyone else notice how the headlights look like a mazda stepchild
. the aussies get all the good cars... if they were to bring them over here, they have no clue how good they would do. but i have a feeling that if the "new" GTO is a hit over here... we will soon see the falcon, along with others
. and that my friends, shall be a good day.

·
Registered
663 Posts
The Middle East gets some of those modern performance RWD v8 coupes and sedans too. I think mostly Aussie Holden cars rebadged as Chevys.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Originally posted by sundarpn@Feb 21 2004, 03:09 AM
so different ford cars line up in aussie land...
ford has diffferent cars in every aspect of the world except america... weird, but true, and sadly we get the worst of the lines. everyone else gets the good cars

·
Registered
663 Posts
Originally posted by sundarpn@Feb 21 2004, 02:09 AM
so different ford cars line up in aussie land...
The performance car competition is much more intense in Australia than here. Not only do Aussie Ford and GM compete with their version of "Mustang vs. Camaro," they have to compete with Japanese cars like the old Evos, WRX STis, S15 Silvias, and Skyline GTRs.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the V8 Supercars - Holden used to dominate, up until this shape Falcon was made. Now Ford has the ability of keeping up, and won a fair few races last year.

Julian

·
Registered
113 Posts
For those who want to do the math. (because I had no clue what the hp to kw and kw to hp conversions were.)

Convert from Kilowatts to Horsepower - Kilowatts x 1.34

Convert from Horsepower to Kilowatts - Horsepower x 0.746

Found it here
http://www.energy.iastate.edu/renewable/wi...-18_apen_a.html

·
Registered
746 Posts
puts on flame suite*

for those who also wonder, australian super car is very much like american NASCAR racing. but here are the differences between the two:

they turn left and right(oval racing BLOWS, it is won and lost in the pits)
they are stock(in australia all body pannles willl match, in america they wont)
the motors in the race cars are production(find me an 800 Hp taurus and i will watch nascar
), only exception being the wheels, which dont use the coveted "5 lug" pattern
they dont bias a company for making a car/engine that is more succesful on a certain track.

yeah, i think that pretty much covers the differences... and this racing series is what i would personally rather see "stock car" racing be...

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Originally posted by hoss@Feb 21 2004, 03:41 AM
they turn left and right(oval racing BLOWS, it is won and lost in the pits)
Word. NASCAR sucks in my eyes. Way to boring, mind numbing even. It's all about the twin turbo V8 F1 Indy Cars. Mmmmm......1000Hp, 3Gs of downforce, 15000 RPMS, fuel injection, and the drivers still need the skill to hold those suckers around the turns.

Oh yeah, no restrictor plates. Total weak sauce. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they save lives, reduce speed, keep the crowd safe, blah blah blah. I thought racing was all about tuning for maximum speed. Kinda makes me scratch my head as the restrictor plate just puts a HUGE upper limit on that.

-mobiuslogic

·
Registered
511 Posts
Oh My Lord....

If ford brought the xr6t or whatever to north america....bye bye honda, bye bye toyota and nissan...thats a ****ing sexy hot car....

WHY DONT THEY DO IT???? I WANT ONE!!!!!

i mean great we have the new 500 / Montego...but those are just 200hp...which is ok..but look at what the accord v6 is putting out.....sheesh...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts