Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Man, you guys should have a great time. I used to go to 6th St back in the day. Lived in San Antonio and Austin was a regular week-end pit stop.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Well put me down as a tentative maybe. I probably won't be bringing the road warrior as at the moment he is suffering from ROTB raceway shock, and not keeping any freon, I fed him 4 cans in 9 hours of driving, and the last 200 miles through Texas were spent with the widows down. :huh: But alas, he pulled the rest of the trip, off without a hitch!!!! He even put his best tire forward to try to keep up with a couple of those SHO's.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by Doc@Jun 30 2005, 02:48 PM
Man, you guys should have a great time. I used to go to 6th St back in the day. Lived in San Antonio and Austin was a regular week-end pit stop.
stationed at one of the air bases?

I won't be able to make it.... I'm working that weekend.

D

·
0 Posts
stationed at one of the air bases?
My Dad was, Randolph and Lackland, during my High School years (the mid 80's for all you wiseguys planning a comment :p ).

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
w0000! I cant wait for the meet. It's gonna be badass. Im gonna have... upgrades. :eek: :huh: :blink: Zomg!

·
Registered
732 Posts
yay finally a meet.....hopefully some other minor modifications can be done to the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chili: :chili: :chili:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
OK it's two weeks till the gtg anybody still plan on showin up?

Looks like most of the DFW fordbastards have decided to use this weekend (July 23rd) to go fishin out of Galveston instead of putting up with the heat of central Texas.:(

I for one will be in Austin, if no one shows up for the gtg I'll just go check out all the art galleries there in Austin. B)

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have the kid that weekend but I am still going to try to meet you guys at the Albertsons. 6th street and the Devil's Backbone run is probably out but would love to hang with you guys for a while. Wouldn't want to do a speed run on the Backbone with my daughter in the car. If I wreck with just me that's one thing but with her it's a totally different deal.
Are we still meeting around 10am, oh and I think you guys (and gals hopefully) will like my new seat covers and matching steering wheel cover and shoulder pads.
Maybe if I can find my digital camera I will snap a pic here in the next could of days.

Robert

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Can't wait to see the new stuff Rob. I bet its badass! B)

Blu! Im still goin.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Originally posted by beamout@Jul 6 2005, 02:44 PM
I have the kid that weekend but I am still going to try to meet you guys at the Albertsons. 6th street and the Devil's Backbone run is probably out but would love to hang with you guys for a while. Wouldn't want to do a speed run on the Backbone with my daughter in the car. If I wreck with just me that's one thing but with her it's a totally different deal.
Are we still meeting around 10am, oh and I think you guys (and gals hopefully) will like my new seat covers and matching steering wheel cover and shoulder pads.
Maybe if I can find my digital camera I will snap a pic here in the next could of days.

Robert
The Devil's Backbone cruise was never going to be a speed run just a cruise. Yea 10am at Albertson's Sat. the 23rd. :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well if it's just a cruise I think I can handle that. We all using family radios to keep in touch, if so I have a couple of those. See ya there, unless I am late and then I will try to catch up. The new interior isn't really badass but I like it. Makes me look like I have high back buckets in the front. My daughter is real dissappointed that there weren't any covers for the back because the material is real soft and feels real nice and makes it real easy to slide in and out of the car.
I was hoping to have my stereo moved out of my old car finally into the Taurus but I won't have time to get that done before the 23rd. Actually I think I am scheduling the installer to come over Sunday the 24th to do it.
Anyway enough of that, see you guys on the 23rd.

Robert

G

·
0 Posts
you know yea it does pay to read these damn post somtimes.... first time i read the southern posts.. if i woulda known bout this i would of planned out ahead of time to get a saturday off. im here in the rio grande valley it's only a couple of hours out there. and i got family in austin too. oh well now ill keep in check with this side of the posts and stuff. maybe next time.....

·
Registered
401 Posts
Originally posted by Guest@Jul 14 2005, 09:15 PM
you know yea it does pay to read these damn post somtimes.... first time i read the southern posts.. if i woulda known bout this i would of planned out ahead of time to get a saturday off. im here in the rio grande valley it's only a couple of hours out there. and i got family in austin too. oh well now ill keep in check with this side of the posts and stuff. maybe next time.....
that was me by the way i didn't know i wasn't logged in..

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
It's ok Merph, just glad to have you as part of the Texas crew!! And we've only had 1 official meet so far so don't feel left out or nuthin'. Send me your info, street addy, real name, and zip, and I'll get you added to the roster, we can also get you added to the member's location map.
How far south are you? I've got family in CorpusChristi.

·
Registered
401 Posts
you know guys i was talking to my wife and we were thinking of doing somthing differen and spontainius. i was thinking bout telling my boss man that i had sumthing come up and i might not be able to work the weekend...i get paid the day b4 so moneys there, after i pay some bills of course. but it's just a thought though. even then how many of you all's are going? if and so i go i don't know bout that 6th st. stuff goin down. i might just pull over and crash out at my aunts house ( who i haven't spoken to in a long ass time ) anyways...either come back that night or stay and come back on sunday see what's up.

like i said it's just a thought. cus we are up for a good drive.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Looks like the Austin gtg is off for me too, blue92 just blew the power steering pump today. :(

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
12 Participants
Zorin
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing