Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been thinking of adding a Audiocontrol LC2i and running an aftermarket amp to the front and rear doors and to another small amp for a sub. My question is where is the best place to tap into for the LC2i and would it be ok to use the factory wiring from the new amp to the door speakers. I have a 2016 limited with the Sony Nav system so aftermarket head units are not in the cards.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I suppose I should clarify as there’s a lot of people that have asked the first question. I want to tap into the rear doors for the signal for the LC2i as per the many recommendations on here, but I’m not sure if I should tap in pre-amp or post-amp. And as for the factory wiring being used by the aftermarket amp, I figure it could be a pretty clean install if I were to use the factory wiring post-amp from the factory to the speakers. I’ve read that this system runs about 300-400 watts, which is about what I’ll push to the speakers anyway. Also, should I disable the other speakers so that there’s no timing issues with the factory system being half a second faster or slower than the aftermarket components?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts