Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
QUOTE (rudedog @ May 28 2009, 11:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728593
Let me just ask one last question. Whomever can respond however they wish.

Let's say Jason, had NEVER posted this thread or the info contained within.
Now, let's say that during my hourly perusal through many different websites, I came across this info and cross-posted it here. What is the main difference, between how it went down, and my hypothetical way of posting? The plain and simple fact that he himself didn't get to pm everybody individually, that's it, plain and simple.

I mean honestly, you act like I KNEW what Jason had in store for us, and that simply is NOT the case. I got lucky or unlucky however you see it, that it just so happened to be the same info. As for any relation with Ford, I don't see where I messed anything up. If I did, have them contact me personally, and I'll take care of it personally. It's that simple. I'm certainly not above mending something I messed up.[/b]
The difference between somebody 'stumbling across' something and cross-posting it is that, in this case, Ford sent a specific invitation to TCCA through 'official channels'.

It is much easier for me to just post the info than to PM everybody. But, again, in the interest of making sure that nobody at Ford got pissed off I made the call to not just post it since I was given the impression it was an invitation only event with a limited amount of space.

In this particular case, thankfully, nothing was messed up with Ford (at least not that I'm aware of). BUT our relations with Ford have been strained in the past due to incidents similar to this and I go out of my way to prevent it.

You must understand that with a member-base of 20k+ people it is very easy for somebody to become inundated with correspondence and it is important that doesn't happen so that Ford and other companies will continue to want to work with our club.

Most people don't realize the volume of correspondence generated from our website by members and other visitors to the website. We get an extremely high volume of traffic by many different guests everyday, so it only takes a small percentage of people to do something to create an issue.

This whole discussion is not simply about a handful of people or a single event, but lessons learned from various different happenings involving the club over the years. I hope you guys can appreciate this broad perspective and realize this isn't targeted toward any individuals.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
The difference between somebody 'stumbling across' something and cross-posting it is that, in this case, Ford sent a specific invitation to TCCA through 'official channels'.[/b]
I made the post initially to see who would be available in the Houston area this evening for something. I don't see a problem giving people a head's up while I gather the details. PLUS it generates a list of people that I need to PM to send the details to. It would be rather cumbersome to just PM the entire Southern chapter. It's much more efficient to see who would be available at the indicated time.[/b]
See, that's exactly where YOU ARE wrong, and misinformed. I didn't go out and search. REALLY if you think so, boy are you closed minded. My little hypothetical post, is exactly how it went down. I went browsing through THE OTHER sites I frequent and found it. It's just really funny you believe you're privy to special pertinent info, when the OTHER sites had ALL the info, and you didn't.
It would be rather cumbersome to just PM the entire Southern chapter. It's much more efficient to see who would be available at the indicated time[/b]
Isn't that technically what a thread is?? One giant PM, Especially when you post it IN THE SOUTHERN CHAPTER. I could understand that statement IF you'd have posted it in odds and ends.
If that's all that anybody posted on any of the other websites that had the info then there wouldn't have been a problem.[/b]
Then take it up with them, obviously they have a better inside tract than you believe you do.
I'm not blaming Rudy for posting the information.[/b]
First you do then you don't, make up your mind. I'm a grown man, I can handle it, hell, I'm quite sure I've been blamed for more "punishable by death" screw-ups.

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I just read and re-read all my posts because you seem to be putting words in my mouth. I never once said that you 'went out and searched' for any of this info. If I did, I can't find it - please quote me. Again, you're taking this all too personally.

This is not about me making sure I have some great inside connection with anybody at Ford or other 'glamorous' arrangements. Fact is, we should be happy our club got invited at all... if others clubs/forums got more information before TCCA, so what? Big deal; we had to wait a few hours. You are reading too much into this. It's me trying to make sure Ford doesn't get pissed. If 500 people showed up when they only wanted 5 then that would not make them happy. Plain and simple. It's happened before and I've learned how to avoid it so that we don't get blacklisted.

It's not my job to police the Internet or teach people manners on other websites. I'm not really worried about what they do. I can only be concerned with what TCCA is doing.

This thread and the Southern Chapter are not the same as a giant PM as you indicate. The P part means PRIVATE message - a public post on the forum is not as such. If my original intentions were to publicly post all the details of the event I would have just done so and not worried about sending PMs. My original purpose of this post was to find out who I needed to PM. Not a difficult concept.

This discussion has very clearly not been based on the simple release of the information about the event. It's about the rebuttals you keep making and what is being ascertained toward me that keep fueling the discussion.

This whole dispute could have been avoided if the questions were asked via PM. Instead, I'm sensing that there is an unstated, underlying accusation of me having some type of superiority complex about disseminating information from Ford. This is not the case and has been explained. However, nobody cares to carefully read my posts and consider that as a legitimate possibility. As such, it never will be. I'm not sure what else to say about this. If somebody can't understand the reasons behind my actions at this point it's because they don't want to.

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This is the most effort I've ever had to put into explaining a decision I made regarding this club and it's one of the simplest matters I've dealt with.

When somebody questions something I have done I will candidly debate it to do a 'sanity check' on myself. If I've screwed up I'd like to know what/where/why and analyze it to make sure things are done better in the future.

In this particular case I'm not seeing any particularly strong evidence indicating that what I did was wrong. Again, it was based on prior experience with handling similar matters.

Believe it or not, I am human and make mistakes. I care enough about this club and how it is run to allow open discussions such as this for an analysis. There are many people out there who would have simply deleted this whole thread immediately after being questioned.

I figured it was important for everyone reading this to see and understand why I continue to discuss this even after I said I wouldn't. It's not just about a dispute, it's gathering information and exchanging ideas for use later so benefits can be had wherever possible.

Many tones can be taken and interpreted from discussions such as this and it's important to take everything in the proper perspective.

·
Registered
328 Posts
You know, I can honestly say, that I have seen a LOT of noise in this thread, and I don't mind saying that I DO think Jason8225 is closed-minded, and does have some form of superiority complex. It's evident in all the things said in here. I fully expect this thread to outright vanish, honestly.

At any rate, if it was cared what was thought of the general populace of the site, Jason8225 wouldn't roll up in here with the illusions of grandeur that I continually see, not just in this post, but others as well. Further, it is of my opinion that the gun WAS jumped, and that everything could have been handled better, but the fact remains that this really was no secret of any sort, this was open to any Ford clubmember in the greater Houston Area.

Lastly, I consider myself proof that opinions around here (namely mine) are not valued at all, and I consider the two posts of fluff to that to be excessive smoke-blowing to the effect of that. When RocketFoot rolled up in here, professing how much effort, and how much blood, sweat, and tears that JASON puts into getting these type of events for the club was when I clinched the fact. Perhaps it was a miscommunication, but the leadership of TCCA seems to be full of those lately. Lots of "don't put words in my mouth", or "I am not going to respond to that" or other outright cop-outs.

I'm tired of it. I'm tired of the kiddie crap on this site, I'm tired of the great leader who can't make a decision about ROTB, I'm tired of TRYING to help to be shot down, and told I'm stupid, and I am tired of management that couldn't decide it's way out of a wet paper bag, rather choosing to wait and fall ass-backwards into things, and look like the hero.

Just like this whole thing. G'head, call me stupid, call me an *******, tell me I don't know what I am talking about. Just be sure to tell yourself that every night. I'll sleep fine.

Tim

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
25 Replies
10 Participants
Zorin
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing