Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All Houston Area TCCA Members -

Please post here if you are in the Houston area and might be available this Thursday to attend a special event with Ford. B)

I'll PM you details if you post here.

This is related to the 2010 Taurus SHO. :D

Thanks,
-Jason

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
*expletive expletive expletive expletive*

I'll be in a fair amount of pain and highly medicated this thursday. No can do. :cry:

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Well, let's see what we have here.......................

From Juliet Guerra (FORD)

Hello all,
It’s Juliet Guerra from Ford Motor Company. I hope you’re doing well. I met you at the Dallas Auto Show when the Taurus SHO and it’s designer, Earl Lucas were in town. We invited you to stop by for a sneak peek of the Taurus SHO. Now, we have another invitation, this time for Houston . One of our local dealers, McRee Ford, in Dickinson -a suburb of Houston -is hosting an event this Thursday. It will be one of the first times a Taurus SHO will be unveiled in a dealership before the vehicle hits showrooms this summer. We wanted to find out if you knew of any Taurus enthusiasts in the Houston area who would like to join us this Thursday evening?
Secondly, at the end of July and August, our team will be hosting Taurus and Taurus SHO test drives in the following cities:
Monday, July 27th Tulsa
Wednesday, July 29th Oklahoma City
Friday, July 31st Fort Worth
Monday, August 3rd Dallas
Wednesday, August 5th Houston
Friday, August 7th San Antonio
Monday, August 10th Austin
Would you like to be kept in the loop about these events? If so, please let me know.
Best,
Liz Bradford
Direct Impact for Ford Motor Co.
[email protected]
214.295.3096 office
214.202.8830 mobile
www.thefordstory.com

Media Advisory
For Immediate Release Contact: Keith McMahan
May 21, 2009 [email protected]
(210) 383-5407

2010 Ford Taurus SHO headlines new car premiere at McRee Ford in Dickinson
Ford Motor Company executive to attend special sneak peek event
WHAT: The new 2010 Taurus SHO, a sporty version of Ford’s flagship full-size sedan, is
coming to McRee Ford in Dickinson as part of a special 2010 New Car Premiere
Event on Thursday, May 28, 2009.
This is one of the first times that the all new 2010 Taurus has appeared in any showroom nationwide. Those who attend the sneak peek event will get the chance to see first-hand Ford’s state-of-the-art EcoBoost engine technology that separates the Taurus from other full-size sedans. Ford Executive Pei-Wen Hsu, marketing manager for the Taurus, will travel from Dearborn , Michigan for the event.

· 2010 Ford Taurus SHO: Ford’s flagship sedan is back and better than ever! Ford’s
3.5-liter EcoBoost™ V-6 delivers V-8 levels of power.
· 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid: America’s most fuel-efficient midsize sedan at 41 mpg in the city. Recently set a world record, driving 1,445 miles on a single tank of gas.
· 2010 Ford Fusion: Best-in-class 34 mpg on the highway, 4-cylinder engine. Tops both Toyota Camry and Honda Accord gasoline models
· 2010 Ford Mustang: Leaner, meaner, modernized with more refinement and new look inside and out, plus unsurpassed fuel economy at 26 mpg on the highway.

WHEN: Thursday, May 28, 2009
5:00 – 7:00 pm
WHERE: McRee Ford
2800 Gulf Freeway
Dickinson , TX 77539
(281) 337-1529

DETAILS: The 2010 New Car Premiere celebrates the arrival of four new Ford
cars. You can see and test drive the new 2010 Fusion Hybrid – America ’s most fuel
efficient midsize sedan – with 41 mpg in city driving (8 mpg better than the Toyota
Camry Hybrid), plus the 2010 Ford Fusion. And what better way to celebrate the
new 2010 Ford Mustang than to get behind the wheel for a special test drive. We’ll
also have door prizes, refreshments, and make sure to enter your name into a drawing for a 2010 Taurus.

Go to http://media.ford.com for news releases and high resolution photographs
# # #
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 205,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford's products, please visit www.ford.com

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well... I didn't realize they wanted all that publicly posted, but there you go.

For some reason they hadn't sent me all the details yet.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
jason8225 Posted Today, 09:50 AM
Well... I didn't realize they wanted all that publicly posted, but there you go.
For some reason they hadn't sent me all the details yet.[/b]

oooooooooooooooooooooooo, super secret ford ****, please give me a break. I'm sure you're the ONLY one they told right?

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (Call_Me_Crazy @ May 27 2009, 01:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728331
QUOTE (jason8225 @ May 27 2009, 10:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728279

UMmmm DUH!!! if they didnt want publicity why would they have the event! DEE DEE DEE!
[/b][/quote]
They might not have wanted everyone and their brother there. There are reasons that people send invitations to events.

I was asked to see if 'a few' of our members would be available for this, not any/everybody that stumbles across it online.

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (rudedog @ May 27 2009, 01:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728325

oooooooooooooooooooooooo, super secret ford ****, please give me a break. I'm sure you're the ONLY one they told right?
[/b][/quote]
Not sure why the attitude is necessary, but as I stated above there are reasons that people get invitations to events and they aren't just publicly posted everywhere.

Ford sent me something asking me to get 'a few' members together for this. That would be why I didn't post it for the whole Internet to see. If that's what they wanted, they could have posted it. :)

It's all about being respectful and considerate (which is something that your above post is not). ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
QUOTE (jason8225 @ May 27 2009, 03:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728394
QUOTE (rudedog @ May 27 2009, 01:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728325

[/b][/quote]
Not sure why the attitude is necessary, but as I stated above there are reasons that people get invitations to events and they aren't just publicly posted everywhere.

Ford sent me something asking me to get 'a few' members together for this. That would be why I didn't post it for the whole Internet to see. If that's what they wanted, they could have posted it. :)

It's all about being respectful and considerate (which is something that your above post is not). ;)
[/b][/quote]

This is all over shoforum and fordbastards so it really doesn't matter.

I'm planning on going!

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Maybe you could have PM'd ME first since I am chapter pres. or asked your contact whether or not it was ok to post it rather than assume they didn't want it out there. Respect and consideration go both ways, but as was stated, it was ALREADY "all over the internet". Sorry I stole your thunder on providing the very few TCCA members that view here, with such info.

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (rudedog @ May 27 2009, 08:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728466
Maybe you could have PM'd ME first since I am chapter pres. or asked your contact whether or not it was ok to post it rather than assume they didn't want it out there. Respect and consideration go both ways, but as was stated, it was ALREADY "all over the internet". Sorry I stole your thunder on providing the very few TCCA members that view here, with such info.[/b]
Since I didn't have any detailed information yet it didn't make sense to send a PM.

I did ask if it was OK to post, but didn't get a response until after it was already posted, so my efforts were thwarted.

Once it's blurted out, it's a little late to give any consideration to the matter so the prudent action was to not post until I had a response (that I was waiting on from my contact). It took until late afternoon today before any details were sent to me.

Just because it was already publicly posted in other places doesn't mean people were right in doing so.

This wasn't about 'stealing thunder'. This was about preventing a good relationship between TCCA and Ford (that I've put a lot of time, effort and personal resources into over the past few years) from getting damaged. Thanks for the one-sided, personal attack approach you've taken to this thread. Nice job belittling your chapter of the club as well. :thumb:

These aren't the type of responses I would expect from the Rudy I knew/met a few years ago, what gives? :dunno:

This concludes my participation in this discussion. Anything further can be addressed in PMs.

·
TCCA Staff (Retired)
3,816 Posts
You guys do realize that Jason puts a lot of blood, sweat and tears into trying to get these type of events for the club and also in maintaining a good relationship with Ford? BTW, we do not monitor every other Ford related forum on the internet to see what they are up to. If these other forums did not respect Ford's wishes, then the invites will soon stop for them. It's their choice. We choose to respect Ford's wishes and play by the rules in order to build a stronger relationship with them. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that and I am also disturbed by the backlash against your club president because of it! Your opinions are always valued, but sometimes they are better expressed via PM.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
QUOTE (jason8225 @ May 27 2009, 09:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728480
Maybe you could have PM'd ME first since I am chapter pres. or asked your contact whether or not it was ok to post it rather than assume they didn't want it out there. Respect and consideration go both ways, but as was stated, it was ALREADY "all over the internet". Sorry I stole your thunder on providing the very few TCCA members that view here, with such info.[/b]
Since I didn't have any detailed information yet it didn't make sense to send a PM.

I did ask if it was OK to post, but didn't get a response until after it was already posted, so my efforts were thwarted.

Once it's blurted out, it's a little late to give any consideration to the matter so the prudent action was to not post until I had a response (that I was waiting on from my contact). It took until late afternoon today before any details were sent to me.

Just because it was already publicly posted in other places doesn't mean people were right in doing so.

This wasn't about 'stealing thunder'. This was about preventing a good relationship between TCCA and Ford (that I've put a lot of time, effort and personal resources into over the past few years) from getting damaged. Thanks for the one-sided, personal attack approach you've taken to this thread. Nice job belittling your chapter of the club as well. :thumb:

These aren't the type of responses I would expect from the Rudy I knew/met a few years ago, what gives? :dunno:

This concludes my participation in this discussion. Anything further can be addressed in PMs.
[/b][/quote]

There are so many wrongs in this reply i dont even know where to start!

First of all why create a new thread to ask if people want to be involved in something if you yourself do not know all the details and or do not have expressed permission to post such information from your contact This to me would seem like a sure fire way to to destroy credibility with those that you are getting information from! Something you youself have expressed that you have worked so hard to create.
I can respect that you want to keep a stable and good realtionship with your contacts at ford but putting out info that is incomplete and that you do not have permission to post is not a good way to do it!

I think it is unfair to blame Rudy for seeking out and posting the information he obtained from another site
reguarding this event because if you would have not created this thread to begin with he probably would not have done so! I dont see how he has belittled the chapter in any way by posting the information. If you wanted to be the one to post the information then you should have contacted him and let him know not to spill the beans before you had permission from your contact! A simple PM saying "hey ford called me and there is an upcomming event in your area but if you hear anything about it run it thru me before you post anything thanks" would have been sufficient. I think you created your own backlash.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Let me just ask one last question. Whomever can respond however they wish.

Let's say Jason, had NEVER posted this thread or the info contained within.
Now, let's say that during my hourly perusal through many different websites, I came across this info and cross-posted it here. What is the main difference, between how it went down, and my hypothetical way of posting? The plain and simple fact that he himself didn't get to pm everybody individually, that's it, plain and simple.

I mean honestly, you act like I KNEW what Jason had in store for us, and that simply is NOT the case. I got lucky or unlucky however you see it, that it just so happened to be the same info. As for any relation with Ford, I don't see where I messed anything up. If I did, have them contact me personally, and I'll take care of it personally. It's that simple. I'm certainly not above mending something I messed up.

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
QUOTE (Call_Me_Crazy @ May 28 2009, 10:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728574
QUOTE (jason8225 @ May 27 2009, 09:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728480

[/b][/quote]

There are so many wrongs in this reply i dont even know where to start!

First of all why create a new thread to ask if people want to be involved in something if you yourself do not know all the details and or do not have expressed permission to post such information from your contact This to me would seem like a sure fire way to to destroy credibility with those that you are getting information from! Something you youself have expressed that you have worked so hard to create.
I can respect that you want to keep a stable and good realtionship with your contacts at ford but putting out info that is incomplete and that you do not have permission to post is not a good way to do it!

I think it is unfair to blame Rudy for seeking out and posting the information he obtained from another site
reguarding this event because if you would have not created this thread to begin with he probably would not have done so! I dont see how he has belittled the chapter in any way by posting the information. If you wanted to be the one to post the information then you should have contacted him and let him know not to spill the beans before you had permission from your contact! A simple PM saying "hey ford called me and there is an upcomming event in your area but if you hear anything about it run it thru me before you post anything thanks" would have been sufficient. I think you created your own backlash.
[/b][/quote]

I made the post initially to see who would be available in the Houston area this evening for something. I don't see a problem giving people a head's up while I gather the details. PLUS it generates a list of people that I need to PM to send the details to. It would be rather cumbersome to just PM the entire Southern chapter. It's much more efficient to see who would be available at the indicated time.

I'm not really sure what you mean with the statement about credibility. :dunno:

My posting of 'something about the Taurus SHO in the Houston area' is hardly enough information to ruin something. If that's all that anybody posted on any of the other websites that had the info then there wouldn't have been a problem. Apparently those people were either told to just post all the info or disregarded any consideration toward the organizer.

I'm not blaming Rudy for posting the information. The issues lie in the presentation and subsequent 'rebuttals'. That's all I'm going to say about that. There is no need for me to analyze any individual's actions as that should not be something discussed in public. It was surprising to me that somebody would go seek and just post this information and not wait for me to update the discussion I started. Not something I would do, but maybe that's just my perspective.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.