Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--->2006 and 2007 Taurus Owners have it easy:
*Note this requires Adobe Acrobat or comparable PDF reader.

Click on the following link or cut and paste it to your browser window:
http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...AFP56U55A256736

Replace the 1FAFP56U55A256736 VIN after the equals sign with your VIN.

Voila, you now have your original window sticker. :thumb: Save it B)

2005 and earlier models will not work with the above method (I tried 1996-2005 VINs from eBay with no success).

This should also work for other 2006 and newer Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles :)

2006 stickers will indicate which dealer/company the car was sold to, but 2007s will not.

Some examples:
Remote Keyless Entry Delete
California Emissions
"Tag Rent-a-Car"
Hertz Car

--->2003 - 2005 Taurus/Sable Owners
After doing some research, I stumbled upon a site that provided some really interesting information:

About 3 years after the build date, Monroney (window) labels are moved from one location within Ford's information system to another, because (obviously) by that point in time there would be no need for instant access to each label.

***With a trip to your local Ford dealer, a Ford salesman can get a copy of the Malroney (window sticker) for you IF THE VEHICLE IS LESS THAN 6 YEARS OLD. They have the ability to do so through their CONCEPS system.***[/b]

--->General Info
On the Taurus ones at least (possibly other window stickers), the date you see near the bottom right of the sticker, such as "05 11 06" is the blend date for the car (one of the stages in the car production process) This site here explains each of the stages (scroll down to the FAQ section):

* http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...showtopic=12137

Anyways, hope some of y'all find this informative. Post your results B)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ May 26 2009, 09:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728126
--->2006 and 2007 Taurus Owners have it easy:
*Note this requires Adobe Acrobat or comparable PDF reader.

Click on the following link or cut and paste it to your browser window:
http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...AFP56U55A256736

Replace the 1FAFP56U55A256736 VIN after the equals sign with your VIN.

Voila, you now have your original window sticker. :thumb: Save it B)

2005 and earlier models will not work with the above method (I tried 1996-2005 VINs from eBay with no success).

This should also work for other 2006 and newer Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles :)

2006 stickers will indicate which dealer/company the car was sold to, but 2007s will not.

Some examples:
Remote Keyless Entry Delete
California Emissions
"Tag Rent-a-Car"
Hertz Car

--->2003 - 2005 Taurus/Sable Owners
After doing some research, I stumbled upon a site that provided some really interesting information:

About 3 years after the build date, Monroney (window) labels are moved from one location within Ford's information system to another, because (obviously) by that point in time there would be no need for instant access to each label.

***With a trip to your local Ford dealer, a Ford salesman can get a copy of the Malroney (window sticker) for you IF THE VEHICLE IS LESS THAN 6 YEARS OLD. They have the ability to do so through their CONCEPS system.***[/b]

--->General Info
On the Taurus ones at least (possibly other window stickers), the date you see near the bottom right of the sticker, such as "05 11 06" is the blend date for the car (one of the stages in the car production process) This site here explains each of the stages (scroll down to the FAQ section):

* http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...showtopic=12137

Anyways, hope some of y'all find this informative. Post your results B)
[/b][/quote]

Very cool indeed, its too bad it wont work for older models... but that's OK I still have the original window sticker in my glove box B)

·
Registered
402 Posts
That's too bad I never got to see my window sticker. My car was so new on the lot they hadn't even put it in yet when I bought it.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I used to have mine... but we lost it :(

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Pretty awesome! Even if I already have my window sticker locked up in my safe :)

Nice find :thumb:

Also wtf! TCCA is going slow!!!! :angryfire:

Ah well, means I need to sleep and get off here :p

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Just Finished Reading the topic there. He stopped pulling All Stickers Sept. 2008. Thats to bad. Hope the guy didn't get fired because of it.
I will try a trip to the dealer and let ya'll know.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I thing this should be stickied or placed in the Wiki/Encyclopedia

1 - 7 of 7 Posts