Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else ride "3 Wheelers" here? I just got a new to me 1984 Honda 200x. She needs new plastics but runs great. I plan to try and plastic weld the cracked peices back together and I have an old set of broken plastics I plan to cannibalize and use for the missing peices and melt them in the missing spots. Sand and repaint.

Post your 3wheelers :D

Here is the new one:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That's cool. So you ride it yet? I bet that thing rips some serious ass. That frame can't weigh more then 30 or 40lbs. With them little flat track looking kart wheels I bet you slide around pretty good. Dude get some video of that things roaring around. B)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (rudedog @ Jun 19 2009, 02:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733578
At the moment we've discovered it doesn't turn for poop. Something about having a solid axle. Looking at a Peerless diff for it, but then I may have to change EVERY component on the back, and that was a lot of $$$. I've riden it a bit, I CAN get it to turn, but it's a pain. My brother hurt his leg on it "during the build, I can't wait" test drive, so now he's kind of scared of it. Let's just say that those flat track tires have not ripped any ass yet, but they tore up the back of BOTH calves really well.[/b]
Have you tryed doing like us 3 wheeler guys do, and throw the ass end around when you want to turn or lean or even sit forward more than normal? Something to consider is the bike is close to a honda 70 atc. Might try scroing a complete rear end from that. They turn really well. Or if you wanted to really rip some ass get a honda atc 110 complete axle or dare I say adding a swing arm to it. Maybe from a 2007 Honda CR 85 R. Oh god that thing would look even more bad ass.. I see a photo chop here pretty quick..lol

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (rudedog @ Jun 19 2009, 02:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733585
Considered leaning and all that, but when we weigh upwards of 350 it gets a little top heavy. The bro's problem is he just, no matter what we've done to it, he doesn't feel comfortable on the bike. I've been checking craigslist for used atc's but they all want more for a clapped out bike than I can get new parts for.[/b]
:lol2: I'd ride it..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Oh man does this bring back memories! I used to have a little 70cc Honda three wheeler. Cool little thing. Fox mudflaps, custom headlight, and not to mention it zipped around pretty good! I used to putt around on it at home and at camp...Then I wrecked and nearly had brain damage (thank you helmets and common sense!) :freak2: :bandaged:

We unfortunately sold it about 6 years ago for $500 :curse: . I'm not sure, but I am thinking they are outlawed in PA now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts