Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my 2007 Taurus SE. I got it in March with 122k. It is my first car and it was free from my moms friend so it came AS IS. I cleaned and cleaned and washed and washed and waxed and got it to a place where I was satisfied as soon as possible. I can't even legally drive it yet but I must say I love this car!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rejection Sticker

My first order of business was to fix the reason for the rejection sticker, the third brake light LED strip. $25 at the junkyard and easy install.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Curent state

This is how she looks at the moment with my minor improvements and fixes.
I replaced part of the washer fluid hose with adapters and a short piece of rubber hose.
The trunk has a leak somewhere so when i opened it the first time the liner was wet and when i pulled the spare tire cover off the compartment was filled to the top with water. this is why the liner is all wavy and damaged.
The damage to the front is from the previous owner but the hood, bumper, grille, and driver side headlight are brand new. The damage was after the new parts.
The rims are from two different bulls, an '01 and an '03, at a junkyard. If you look closely you can see the slight difference. I will be putting the '03s one side and the '01s on the other so nobody will even know!!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interior

Here is the interior. Sorry for the out of focus pics, they were taken in a hurry and in my garage which is a not the most convenient place for pictures.
The door reflector has been my only interior fix so far besides cleaning (which it obviously needs more of).
The door panel is falling off as you may be able to see in one of the pictures but I hope to replace the vinyl with something cool (maybe carbon fiber fabric?) and glue it back on sometime soon.
Any comments or suggestions are welcome!

Attachments

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,398 Posts
Go for the carbon fiber door panels I did and it really makes the interior pop!

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
That is exactly what my car looked like when I got it. Lots of potential! Looking forward to your progress.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! Paul you were my inspiration to put my project on the forum. I hope to do many of the mods you did. (spoiler, mirrors, grille, headlights)

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Nice looking G4.5 you have there. When you are able to drive the car you'll fall in love with it.

IMO the Carbon Fiber look is too rice/childish/gaudy/1999. If you only have CF on the door panels it would look way out of place(not to mention I think it is more for a Honda/Toyota rather than a domestic). Someone posted up here about a vinyl brushed stainless that looked pretty good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dash kit/door panels

Nice looking G4.5 you have there. When you are able to drive the car you'll fall in love with it.

IMO the Carbon Fiber look is too rice/childish/gaudy/1999. If you only have CF on the door panels it would look way out of place(not to mention I think it is more for a Honda/Toyota rather than a domestic). Someone posted up here about a vinyl brushed stainless that looked pretty good.
Well thank you sir. I want to put a dash kit in to match what I put on the door panels or door panels to match the kit. I could totally carbon fiber the crap out of it with a dash kit, door panels, and an exterior trim kit! :party: :rofl: REMIN® - Basic Kit - 2007 Ford Taurus Dash Kit This is where I would be ordering from so any suggestions on color would be great!

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Thanks guys! Paul you were my inspiration to put my project on the forum. I hope to do many of the mods you did. (spoiler, mirrors, grille, headlights)

Well thanks! That means a lot! And never hesitate to PM me with questions etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today, being a teenager, I bought some 14 inch LED light strips for under the headlights as well as in the inside to light up the footwells when the doors are open and the interior lights come on. I can't have the interior ones on all the time because they blink and make patterns and that's distracting. The only problem is I don't have any idea where to connect them so they do what I want them to do. Guess I need to figure that out eh?

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,004 Posts
Funnily enough, there used to be footwell lights on the older models. And they're back on the newer models.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lights

Ok everyone, I have attempted to attach the LED strips under the headlights and it was ALMOST a success. I tapped into the marker light wire and turned them on and they work! I then tried the blinkers and they blink twice as fast as they should. I know I can buy a modulator and install it in the line but id like to avoid that. So does anyone have any suggestions as to how else I could attach them? The blinkers will drive me crazy like that. :angry:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Lights Update

After stopping with the front lights, I moved on to the Interior lights. I found where to tap into the dome light in the passenger A-Pillar and started wire stripping. Here is where I caused a problem. I ended up breaking all three wires right after the plug that is in the middle of the pillar. So I just tried to reconnect them and I plugged it back in and...nothing. No dome light and no map lights. HELP!!! I can't figure out what happened. I should also mention I cant hear the relay click on and off anymore either. Fuse? more broken wires? HELP!
EDIT: Just checked fuses and it was just a fuse!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lights

It is now about 3 AM and I'm done! I found that when I hooked the headlights back up the blinker works properly again. I will post pictures of the finished product later on today if I remember but if you would like to see it and I forget, go follow me on Instagram @asc0205 where I have pictures as well as a video. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts