Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am a proud owner of ASA JS1's (I decided to stick with 16s for my own reasons) with Yokohama Avid H4s. Love the setup so far, bug difference from stock steel rims.

Here is my questions.
Should I keep the hub "caps" on or take them off. If I take them off, than the extra holes are exposed. I just can't make up my mind on this one. Minor detail, but it buggs me. Any feedback to sway me either way is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Those rims look great! However, I would definetely leave the hubcaps on, since the rim will match the smooth and clean contour of the car.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Keep them caps ON. Speaking of the "Contour" of the car, those rims remind me of a Contour SVT. Very nice!

Kermit

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I was not sure, now I can get that monkey off my back.

P.S. I love these rims. They are light (18.5lb without tire), they seems to cool my breaks better and they "feel" very solid. I love the tires too, I have been looking lately for some rain, so I can corner with these babies on wet pavement, since my last set was not so good at higher speeds (but what OEM setup is).

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
THe caps on makes it look very smooth and classy. However, with the caps off, the rims look more sporty and muscular (though a tiny tiny bit smaller)

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
On.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Originally posted by Taurussetypes@Apr 27 2004, 02:57 PM
THe caps on makes it look very smooth and classy. However, with the caps off, the rims look more sporty and muscular (though a tiny tiny bit smaller)
I would have to agree - I like them off as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts