Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Before I went to bed last night, I heard a noise.. What was this noise? The familiar honking of a Taurus.. Sleepily I thought, "No way, my Taurus is still on the road coming back to me..." Then the dogs ran to the door and I saw headlights flash into my room.. I look out my window and down into the driveway.. I see this... RED THING! I immediately woke up and ran outside! I couldn't see anything because it was dark, but I ran and actually hugged the car (before I hugged my mom! :lol:) Now, I woke up pretty early for a Sunday morning and decided to give you guys some teaser pics, and comparison shots!

http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=105991&toggle=fullsize&f=P2080012.jpg' alt='' width='1280' height='960' class='attach' />[/url]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't get me wrong, I still have to replace the bumper (we couldn't find one my color, yet, and this one is twisted) but... :eek: so for now, after the car is washed (it's DIRTY AS HELL!) the bra is put back on.. Alignment is monday and so is the oil change!

I think I'm in love with Bob! LOL

Yesterday was the best day I had. Yesterday morning around 9AM, I had an offer to buy the Intrepid for a .... good amount of money! So the Trep is sold and is being picked up next week from a guy in Lancing, MI off of the Intrepid forums, my car comes back.... and :) I've had the biggest smile on my face!

So, to:

Bob, Anonda, Hamal, Kirk, Damon & Everyone else who helped me out and gave me support and was my friend through the hard times and bad times....

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! :)

You guys are gunna see tons of improvements in the next few months!

And Lil Red Bomb is going to acquire a 'son'..... sometime soon :ph34r: :)

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
congrads on getting ur car back. now put that lil red bubble into a big bubble to keep it safe

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by SilverKnight@May 23 2004, 10:16 AM
now put that lil red bubble into a big bubble to keep it safe
Or better yet, don't let Ashely drive it ;) :rofl:

J/k, glad to see you have it back :)

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
So what all was done to it? It was gone a long time.

I see the new rims...and the dents gone, and the paint looks nicer.

Details!!!

Anyways, it looks sweet. Congrats!

G

·
Originally posted by Firespirit@May 23 2004, 04:28 PM
Oh hell yeah he did! I'm so impressed and happy :) I think we should all hump Bob and tell him we love him :D
BOB-FEST @ ROTB :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink:

He gets a rain check from me since I wont be there ;)

·
Registered
933 Posts
congrats on getting her back. I will have to plan a big surprise party when my car comes back home. don't know what I'm going to do until then.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, yesterday I went to go get an alignment.. Instead of paying $35, I had to shell out $80, and I'm still not done yet. Heh! Turns out, before I can get my alignment, I need to replace the RF Sway bar (a white plastic thing? Never knew what they looked like) and the ball joint because they are lose... I spent $80 replacing my tie rod ends... Then my rotors are about shot, so I'll be replacing those soon also (next week when I get paid, the RF Sway bar and the ball joint will be replaced/fixed), and then I'll buy the rotors and brake pads and just do 'em myself :).. then the 02 sensor will be replaced, and my coolant resivoir will be flushed. Then, maybe I can do some really cool stuff :) hehe... I can't wait! I have the greatest outlook on my car... :)

Oh, and I'm having tires mounted on my SHO slicers, because the tires are about giving their life, lol.. But it's all good, I get them mounted for free :D

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Just to let you know, whoever put the 15 inch lugs on overtightened them quite a bit. I had to bust out the pipe wrench and a 3 foot extension to get a few of those puppies off.

Ask the guys at the tire shop to torque them to about 100 ft/lbs, please :p

Glad your car is back and in one piece :)

Take care of that hood, it was a b**** to line up correctly. :chili:

-Damon

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by duratecchie@May 26 2004, 04:45 PM
Just to let you know, whoever put the 15 inch lugs on overtightened them quite a bit. I had to bust out the pipe wrench and a 3 foot extension to get a few of those puppies off.

Ask the guys at the tire shop to torque them to about 100 ft/lbs, please :p

Glad your car is back and in one piece :)

Take care of that hood, it was a b**** to line up correctly. :chili:

-Damon
LOL, the lugs... Were they on the passenger side? Because that side was when the shop didn't tighten the lugs at all and my wheel flew off.. I told them to either pay another shop to re-do it and give me money for the fender they wrecked, or tighten that puppy up and give me money for the fender. They chose to tighten it up... LOL I don't guess that was going anywhere for a while ;)

lol, and I bet it was hard to line up the hood.. I lined up the hood of the Intrepid because it had a saggy boobies. Little did I know, the hood was going to slide off!!! :( But I got it back on.. and that was a b**** to do by myself!

Also, thank you VERY much for the tires! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts