Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has one, original owner, needs some work.
He's located in Texas- I'm overseas, but send me an email I'll put you in contact if interested. He won't be asking much for the car.
He drove this thing since I was a little kid and it has over 380k miles on it. One of the best motors ever made by Ford for sure. It came fully loaded too.
would make a good project for any MT5 enthusiast.

[email protected]

Shoot me a message

·
Registered
447 Posts
I will second that on the motor. For reliablity, imho, the 4-cyl. 2.3 and 2.5 coupled to the 5-speed trans was one of the best combinations Ford had. I have owned (2) 5-speed Tempos and an MT-5. The engines and transmissions would go the distance. 260k + and still running well.

(I just wish Ford had made the EEC-IV more user friendly for diagnosing those problems outside of the regular codes.)

dashhizznit: Just curious, what is the fuel economy on that MT-5 with those miles on it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, as it needs some work to get back on the road,

This I know for sure...

It usually generated between 29-31 in town, and up to 34-36mpg on the highway, even at over 300k miles. Its rugged, and slow, but it is a damn good car.

The funny thing about this car is that the valve cover has never been taken off of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts