Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Sable Wagon which is failing. I'm considering options and there is a low miles 2001 Taurus Wagon (which would be my 4th of these) available. Says in the ad "Interior looks brand new besides driver seat/door panel." So question then, obviously, is, other than color, would Taurus and Sable be interchangeable in regard to these parts? Thanks for any comment!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I can't imagine why not. From what I can tell Sables and Taurus mostly share interior parts with mostly outside trim, bumpers and headlights being different. What I do when I want to know for sure is search for a part on ebay and then look for what it interchanges with. Most will show what other models the part will fit. I do this a lot to find parts at junkyards too. This way when I get there I have a range of years and makes to find a specific part. Do that search and when you go look at the car take yours with you or take pictures of everything to compare. There is a chance that the door panels will be different but will likely swap without problems.

·
Registered
11,585 Posts
I can't imagine why not. From what I can tell Sables and Taurus mostly share interior parts with mostly outside trim, bumpers and headlights being different. What I do when I want to know for sure is search for a part on ebay and then look for what it interchanges with. Most will show what other models the part will fit. I do this a lot to find parts at junkyards too. This way when I get there I have a range of years and makes to find a specific part. Do that search and when you go look at the car take yours with you or take pictures of everything to compare. There is a chance that the door panels will be different but will likely swap without problems.
I got a front driver's seat at JY for my Sable. ('03's). JY was Taurus and fit my Sable perfect. Later notice the stitching in the seat is different. I am likely the only person who would notice. And this. '02 Lin Cont has bad fails of seat track gear on fore/aft. Memory seat moves over and over in same spot and gear strip. Bulls G-4 use the exact same track. Just switch the wiring connector and a sensor for seat memory. Chance of Bull wearing out the gear near zero. Chance of Lin fail Huge.

Of course same year Sables, '03's do not share the same fuel filter clips.

-chart-

·
Registered
1999 Taurus SE Wagon (dohc, ax4n)
416 Posts
If I recall correctly, the Taurus and Sable wagons both used the Sable sedan doors. I know this is true for the 3rd gen. I believe it continued for the 4th gen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts