Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
QUOTE (Alice @ Jul 14 2009, 03:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739412
just moved to state colege pa and was woundering if any one knew if a flowmasster was even legal here.

also sine im in state college panow what chapter i wold faall into now????

Alice
P.S. Dial-Up Stinks :p[/b]
Should be... Flowmasters do nothing.. as long as the exhaust sound doesn't exceed.. say.. 90 db just check your local DMV chapter for motor vehicle laws. Here I drive with a flowmaster original 40.. i have no trouble..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i caled aroundall afternoon one was trying to rip me off saying i had to replace everything to go flowmaster. i found a midas and got a strait anser. up her they are legal as long as they are weled in. all i know is the tint laws suck up here. 20% in ok like 70% in pa. :p

im not in school, im just living here. the name of the sity is actly state college, go fig. just havent had the money to buy broadd band yet. im on a 30 day free tryal of dial up and hate it :p

im going to update my info now and will get some club stickers as soon as i can thinking 2 im my rear quarter windows, i want one fr the windshiled but usly looking out the top the window so that would block my view.

Alice

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
QUOTE (Alice @ Jul 14 2009, 11:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739512
i caled aroundall afternoon one was trying to rip me off saying i had to replace everything to go flowmaster. i found a midas and got a strait anser. up her they are legal as long as they are weled in. all i know is the tint laws suck up here. 20% in ok like 70% in pa. :p

im not in school, im just living here. the name of the sity is actly state college, go fig. just havent had the money to buy broadd band yet. im on a 30 day free tryal of dial up and hate it :p

im going to update my info now and will get some club stickers as soon as i can thinking 2 im my rear quarter windows, i want one fr the windshiled but usly looking out the top the window so that would block my view.

Alice[/b]
Hahaha!!

PA kills me with the town names out there.

And are you that tall that you always look out the top of the windshield?

Kidding. :)

PA is considered part of the NE chapter, IIRC, however while a lot of NE meets are in NY, CT, and MA, the PA and OH folks get together in OH somewhat regularly.

Welcome to TCCA if no one's said so already. :thumb:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (Racer X @ Jul 14 2009, 11:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739514
QUOTE (Alice @ Jul 14 2009, 11:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739512

Alice[/b]
Hahaha!!

PA kills me with the town names out there.

And are you that tall that you always look out the top of the windshield?

Kidding. :)

PA is considered part of the NE chapter, IIRC, however while a lot of NE meets are in NY, CT, and MA, the PA and OH folks get together in OH somewhat regularly.

Welcome to TCCA if no one's said so already. :thumb:
[/b][/quote]
well im 5'10.5" so gus im tal my fiance is 6'3". thasnkss for the welcome too.

Alice

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Who says you have to pay for internet? If you have wireless, you can hijack your neighbors internet connection.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
They do a visual inspection of the exhaust and make sure the gas cap seals properly in Centre County (where State College is). Started in May of '04, apparently.

As long as you have cats and a muffler, you're fine.

Other parts of PA are completely different. I live in Allegheny County, and all I have to pass is the gas cap test and an OBD-II test...no visual. At school in Crawford County, there is no emissions inspection whatsoever. That's why you'll see PA-plate cars with either one or two inspection stickers on the windshield - one for safety, one for emissions.

DriveCleanPA has all the info.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome to the area, I live just over the mountain in Lewistown. Police never really bother anyone for exhaust, you can run basically any set up. Flowmaster is more than legal. You'll see some pretty sweet, and loud, cars in the state college area. Tint is the same way. They only really bother you if you get pulled over and they feel like being picky.

BTW, for those not in the area. State College, PA is home to Penn State University, so there is reason for the odd name of the town. It is a quite rapidly growing area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts