Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a new set of plug wires two weeks ago but car still has surging and bad hesitation issues. Every sensor has been replaced since. Finally, took car out to dark area tonight and opened hood and found that one of the new wires is arching against the valve cover. It's a tiny spark but you can see it clearly. Since the wires are so difficult to get to on the duratec, can electrical tape wrapped tightly around the bad wire and placing the wire in a loop (plastic tube that fits around wires) cure the problem or does the wire have to be replaced?

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
I'd replace the wire, that way you know that you'll have no problems down the road

·
Registered
276 Posts
:withstupid:
You installed a new set two weeks ago? Do you still have your receipt? I'd take the old set back for a refund.

G

·
Because of the amount of voltage transferred to the wires, the tape will not work effectively. Plus, the arcing is only the start of problems. Once moisture finds its way in the wire, you'll have even bigger misfire issues.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Jun 17 2004, 05:03 AM
Because of the amount of voltage transferred to the wires, the tape will not work effectively. Plus, the arcing is only the start of problems. Once moisture finds its way in the wire, you'll have even bigger misfire issues.
Trust me!!!!!!!!! I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, changed out today with ANOTHER new set :( didn't save receipt or box from the previous ones so had to pay more out of pocket

1 - 6 of 6 Posts