Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Umm...are we still affiliated with Apten performance chips? I can't find the link anywhere since the data base crap.

Anyway, can somebody give me an e-mail address?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
so far, my experence with brian has not been to my satisfaction. Only deal with him if you are very patient!

Brad

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by the_spy_guy@Dec 8 2003, 10:32 PM
so far, my experence with brian has not been to my satisfaction. Only deal with him if you are very patient!

Brad
What's the problem?

I mean, I already have a chip (superchips), I just want some info on a reprogram. Just getting tired of the damn SES light.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Brian has been good to me. He always responded to my emails within a couple days. He sent me out a second chip when I was having problems with the one he sent me. Of course, it turned out that a few people had the same problem as me, and it had nothing to do with the programming. At any rate, I would do business with him again if I needed a chip and/or programming.

J

·
0 Posts
I have been corresponding with him since last week about getting my Diablosport chip reprogrammed and he has been good about getting back to me.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He got back to me already. Turns out he can't reprogram the blue superchip, so I'll probably have to buy a whole new chip. What sucks about that is you loose all your equity in used chips, I probably won't even get half of what I paid for mine when/if I sell it.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by mikehawk@Dec 9 2003, 10:35 AM
He got back to me already.  Turns out he can't reprogram the blue superchip, so I'll probably have to buy a whole new chip.  What sucks about that is you loose all your equity in used chips, I probably won't even get half of what I paid for mine when/if I sell it.
Have you talked to other Superchip dealers? There has to be someone who can reprogram it for you.

Of course, performance chips are like any other electronic device... the second you buy it, it loses half it's value.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wrote the tech people at superchips before I wrote to apten, but haven't recieved any replies from superchips. Brian replied before they did, if that doesn't show better customer service, I don't know what does.

I might be able to hustle somebody into buying an apten chip for me as a christmas gift, so this might work out after all.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
my problem is slow communicaton and not returning calls. When he is on the phone he is extremely polite and helpful. When you can get in contact with him, his customer service is great. So for thoes of you who are not patient and not willing to have your chip reflshed at least once, this is not the guy for you.

Otherwise brian is a good guy!

Brad

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
well, after my last conversation, he said he would send me a 2nd chip to test it before i mailed back mine...this i thaught was very good customer service. The part i did not like was the fact he said that he would email me the tracking number and he never did.

On the plus side, he mailed the chip 2 day...which was very good of him.

BUT....on the second try, he misses again...chip was a no go.

Brad

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by the_spy_guy@Dec 11 2003, 04:20 PM
well, after my last conversation, he said he would send me a 2nd chip to test it before i mailed back mine...this i thaught was very good customer service. The part i did not like was the fact he said that he would email me the tracking number and he never did.

On the plus side, he mailed the chip 2 day...which was very good of him.

BUT....on the second try, he misses again...chip was a no go.

Brad
Would it feasible to overnite your PCM to him?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I want to get an Apten chip for my gen 2 wagon. I checked out the website and read the custom chip guide thing. Can someone please elaborate a little bit more on that for me. I don't fully understand the single and dual program. How much would it cost to get one installed into my car? Or should I do it myself. Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
An example of the dual program setup would be the 1st program is just the stock ford program. Same shift points, same ingition timing, same octane requirements for the fuel. The second program (selectable via a switch) would be the performance setting. No speed limit, raised and firmer shifts, higher octane fuel required etc...

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
A switch ? Where, under the hood?

D

·
0 Posts
I just found the link on our homepage, but I don't know if it was there the whole time or if they just put it up.[/b]
yep its a rotating ad banner.shows every couple of page refreshes.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by mwt@Dec 14 2003, 07:32 PM
A switch ? Where, under the hood?
It could be mounted under the hood, but most people would run it through the firewall and mount it somewhere on the dash. You don't want to have to open the hood everytime you want to switch programs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts