Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
fake probably..... I just find it funny that is doesn't show any good shots of the car on the listing.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Still a :repost:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I'd buy that car just to have it crushed so all the fake posts/rumours/whatever would finally stop!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Maybe my opinion but I think the Rage should be restored and put in a museum(instead of bouncing from one owner to another). It is one of a kind after all. Or it was one of a kind till the fakes started showing up.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (dark_fire @ Apr 29 2009, 07:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721766
QUOTE (Dave SES @ Apr 26 2009, 08:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720833
QUOTE (mmmfloorpie @ Apr 26 2009, 07:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720830
I'd buy that car just to have it crushed so all the fake posts/rumours/whatever would finally stop![/b]
LOL, Good one!
[/b][/quote]
Demo derby anyone?
I would say enter it in the 24hrs of LeMons, but its a bit over the $500 mark.
[/b][/quote]

F*ck that ****, put it in the Ford museam next to the '86 Motor Trend Taurus and call it a day.

·
Registered
201 Posts
God i wish i had 14 Grand

·
Registered
69 Posts
nah let some moron wrap the real one around the tree. Who cares they give it a fancy name and put a body kit on it. if its so rare and special how come there are so many replicas....i find it to be funny cause its an ugly car i never liked that generation. And people trying to copy an ugly car cracks me up.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Wow, I didn't really know anything about the rage until this post... then I googled it and read about the kid who got arrested, and the car was impounded... and then sold.... and now it is being sold again.

It makes me wonder how we know if this is the authentic, real Rage?

...and how the heck did a concept car come to be on the streets instead of in their museum or stored with all their other concept cars? Makes me wonder if the Rage concept car is a hoax.

Has a Ford representative ever addressed whether or not they have a real concept car on the streets? That would be interesting.

Call me a skeptic.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
I wouldn't call it a concept car - it's just a V8 SHO that's been modified. I think it was for SEMA or something like that - when they made it, the Gen 4 was just about ready to go into production. The only things that have been done to it are aesthetic. It's a different color red, it has a black interior (which no production Gen 3 had), it's lowered, has different wheels, and has a body kit. As far as manufacturer show cars go, it's pretty mild. It's kind of the same thing they do with Mustangs every year for the SEMA show. Plenty of concept cars get either sold, dismantled, or sent to the crusher.

It's real. Where are these "so many replicas?" The AAS kit doesn't really look like the Rage car, and I haven't seen the other "Rage-like" body kit on a real car yet that I recall. The only similar car I can think of is Jose's, which had different wheels, the AAS kit, and was Toreador Red - not the candy red the original was.

That said, I don't think it's worth $14,000...it's maybe worth (to someone who knows what it is) a tad more than a normal non-welded SHO in the same condition, because nobody knows what it is other than Taurus geeks. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts