Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,

I am issuing a formal apology to the members of my Chapter for my absence. I am not sure how long I have been MIA from TCCA and the WCC. I think a month?

Franky, in the past year, I have tried my best to increase participation amongst us. I have put in a lot of effort trying to coordinate meets with our SHOCal friends. I also set up the SHOCal meets and have always informed and invited the WCC of our activities via email and pms.

I've always tried to get ppl involved with some decision making like setting up dates and locations..and I'm burnt out. It's heartbreaking when effort is wasted and NO ONE from the WCC has ever showed up to any meets.

Anyone has suggestions?

I'm slowly coming back to this board...i see there are alot of changes and i need to familiarize myself with it.

-fdogg
WCC VP

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Well, I hate to tell you so.....but. If you can recall some of my posts a while back about why I stepped down as President, you will realize the correlations between your revelations and mine. I see the West Coast Chapter as a revolving door, which has it's benefits. As members (and admin staff) become tired of the lack of participation and interest in anything outside their 21" monitor, they lose interst in the club. As with everything else there is a cycle of life, as older members die off, new members continue to join and bring with them new life and vigor for the club and chapters. So it is, sadly what it is. I am not talking bad about the club or chapter, just telling it how it is.

....and as always,

Thank you for your support of the TCCA and West Coast Chapter.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Hey Jeff!

You should come to one of our Annual SHOCal Monterey Meets. They are at the end of July-Early August. Your drive would be about half the distance mine is. :D

QUOTE (fdogg96 @ Mar 31 2009, 10:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714298
I have put in a lot of effort trying to coordinate meets with our SHOCal friends. I also set up the SHOCal meets and have always informed and invited the WCC of our activities via email and pms.[/b]
Tom, you make it sound like you are the sole meet-comer-upper-with-guy on SHOCal. You've planned 1 or 2 meets in the past, but looking back at the last 6 months I don't see any from you that actually materialized, linking to events from the Probe guys is not the same.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
QUOTE (SHO Continental @ Apr 1 2009, 01:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714458
Hey Jeff!

You should come to one of our Annual SHOCal Monterey Meets. They are at the end of July-Early August. Your drive would be about half the distance mine is. :D[/b]

I am scheduled for a surveillence detection refresher course in Quanitco, VA. July 27-31, but the first week-end of August is open (at the moment). ;)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (SHO Continental @ Apr 1 2009, 01:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714458
Hey Jeff!

You should come to one of our Annual SHOCal Monterey Meets. They are at the end of July-Early August. Your drive would be about half the distance mine is. :D

QUOTE (fdogg96 @ Mar 31 2009, 10:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714298
I have put in a lot of effort trying to coordinate meets with our SHOCal friends. I also set up the SHOCal meets and have always informed and invited the WCC of our activities via email and pms.[/b]
Tom, you make it sound like you are the sole meet-comer-upper-with-guy on SHOCal. You've planned 1 or 2 meets in the past, but looking back at the last 6 months I don't see any from you that actually materialized, linking to events from the Probe guys is not the same.
[/b][/quote]

Planning things is the process of organizing. I have started lots of discussions regarding meets, getting together, or just simply doing stuff together. Sean and LOUDSHO92 can back me up and see the amount of effort I had put in.

And if you pointing the finger at me for not materializing such events, well, I cannot be held responsible if someone is in Detroit, has work, National Guard training, broke (lack of money), broken SHO and other issues that have prevented us from scheduling a meet last month.

Probably the same reason why only Sean, you and I were at Willow Springs. Things happen. I can only throw out ideas. Materializing is up to the members...it's like a group buy.

I have tried to be active though. No, i dont own a SHO and yes, i do have SHOCal decals, but you guys are my friends.

Anyways, I still :wub: you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts