Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 taurus, with less than 30,000 miles on it (there is 26 something) and latley I will be trying to drive up a hill and its almost like my automiatic gets stuck in between gears and my RPM's go up while my speed drops dramatically... Its still under warranty but the dealership cannot find a problem!!! I dont know anything about cars, but I know when there is soemthing wrong with mine! So has anyone else experienced this problem? its at the dealership right now and this is the second time within a month...

thanks for your assistance!
Jenn

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
If they won't help you, I'd suggest taking it to a diffrent Ford or Lincoln Mercury dealership. Its in their best intrest to help you, the dealership gets paid to do warranty work. Good luck.

G

·
If it keeps happening, and the other dealer doesn't solve the problem, request a flight recorder. It will record the info of the car while it is acting up. They may require you to put down a heafty deposit.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Originally posted by XLSuruaT@Aug 10 2004, 02:26 AM
If it keeps happening, and the other dealer doesn't solve the problem, request a flight recorder. It will record the info of the car while it is acting up. They may require you to put down a heafty deposit.
A good idea for sure...Does this problem occur everytime and/or is it easy to repeat? Has one of the techs actually taken the car for a test drive or did they do the lazy thing and just "check for codes", find nothing and tell you there's no codes and therefore no problem?

As suggested previously, another Ford/Lincoln-Mercury dealer might be worth a try...

·
Registered
131 Posts
My car would "Clunk" (lack of better words) when shifting into drive or taking it out of drive and putting it in neutral.

Ford reflashed the PCM, pulled up 4 other comparable tauruses and each and everyone did it.

End result, they wouldn't do anything for me.

I flushed the fluid and it's been fine ever since.

·
Registered
285 Posts
:D :D :D Hi, Welcome to the Club! :D :D :D

Could you tell us what city you live in, or are nearby? We have members all over the North American continent, not to mention the rest of the world.

If someone's close by, they may know a good shop (or maybe a shop to avoid).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am from the greater Seattle region (kent to be exact) Washington... The car does it speratically and I am not able to repeat it when I need to. IT tends to happen up hill more and around the speeds of 20-40.. they have had the car for multiple days (testing codes and having everyone who works at the dealship drive it) and I have even taken the shops manager out for a drive and although the car didnt "do it again" he was able to hear the "noise" it makes when its doing it... from what I told him- he says it may have soemthing to do with the third-fourth shift... so they have had it for two days and after work this evening I got the message from the manager that they still cannot find the problem that I am describing to them...

the warranty is up next may- If I cannot fix this problem there is no way that I will keep this car- I mean dont get me wrong I live for it, but I cannot afford it to break down outside of the factory warranty....

as for the taking it to another dealership- I am not 21 yet so the retal covered by the warr. is kinbda void so this dealership is paying for my rental because they need the car (as do I) so they agreed to pay for it... I doubt any other dealer would do that for me...

How much of a heftly deposit are we talkin for the flight recorder?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I keep getting the clunk into drive, and it turned out to be a bad motor mount. These seem to be big problemse on Tauri. Not too expensive to fix either.

G

·
You should check this out, and possibly print it out and take it to your dealer. Brian's is the only major transmission problem I've heard of on a 2000+, however the cars are starting to age. I'm sure we'll hear of more.

Thanks to Brian for posting the info, and the dedicated people at his dealership for taking the time to repair it correctly!

Here's a link:

Gen 4 transmission woes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.