Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it's time to start piecing together my new system, and I've heard quite a few good things about Audiobahn lately. Does anyone here have any AudioBahn components in their systems?

My last system was completely Sony X-Plod, aside from the Pioneer head unit. I really liked the performance from my sub( X-Plod Mobile ES 12" http://img38.photobucket.com/albums/v117/downstroy/P1150065.jpg' alt='' width='500' height='516' class='attach' />[/url] ), but looking for something new. The 'Bahns seem to be moderately priced as well ... not looking to spend an arm and a leg right now, real life takes most of my money.

Any help? :blink:

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I have a 12" audiobahn flame excursion....only used it like two or three times....but it's a pretty good sub....i prefer the JL's thoe :D

·
Registered
746 Posts
going from xplods the audiobahns are going to be an improvement... but that really isnt saying much IMO.

if you are looking to not spend alot of money then i would stay away from the audiobahns, you arent getting what you pay for. same with JL, they are both overpriced. there are lots of other, cheaper, better options out there.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I have Audiobahn 6.5" speakers in my doors, and they thump like no other. These are also moderately high end though. I think they were about 140 bucks or so, and are made with a carbon-fiber cone. I have never had an Audiobahn sub personally, but a friend of mine had two. If you buy the cheaper ones, you're going to get a cheaper sub that is still better than the Xplod. If you buy a more expensive one, you'll get a very good sub. I like the way the better Audiobahns sound as compared to JL Audios better stuff. Everything is personal taste though. I may love it and you may hate it. My suggestion would be to go to a small store that sells Audiobahn and see if you like them!

JR

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I'm not going to buy a CHEAP one. The X-Plod sub I have is a comp series, and, if I remember correctly, it was around 4 when I got it. I'm also keeping my Pioneer head unit, because I'm used to it and it works great.

Thanks for the input so far though! I'm trying to talk my stereo guy out of his system, but if I don't, then it looks like I'll have mine in a couple weeks, next time I get paid

·
Registered
67 Posts
My entire car sound system is done in audiobahn, minus the headunit (Panasonic).
I had two JL 10's in my cavy and then got two audiobahn 10's exursions and recieved alot better bass from them ( payed like 140 for both compared to over 200 for the JL's). I also was running a JL 18 in my car and replaced it with the Audiobahn Ultra Excursion 18; which was way less then the JL buy like $140. The bass out of my Bahn is far superior to my ear than the JL. I didn't changed anything between the system's except the subs. My componets are awesome, too.
:evil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts