Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dose anyone use the JVC Arsenal KD-AHD69 radio??? seams like a decent radio but thatght id ask my taurus/sable brothers and sister

Alice

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
I have had the JVC Arsenal KD-AHD59 for the last year or so and I have been pretty satisfied. With a possibility of 18 presets for FM and 6 for AM, iTunes tagging, front USB with head or iPod mode, and a 2-year warranty you can't go too bad. Also, HD radio is nice and crisp with a decent set of speakers. It should have a User EQ preset that you can modify to your liking if the other EQ presets aren't satisfactory.

It looks like the 69 has a bigger power button and a cleaner overall appearance. Good stuff.

I would say that it is a good buy if you get it for around $200. Do the installation yourself, since the kit comes with everything you need. (Except for the kit to adapt your dash to accept a single-DIN radio instead of the stock Ford one.)

I paid an extra $15 for the car audio shop that I bought mine from to crimp-connect a harness that they said didn't come with the kit. Come to find out, it came with the harness, and they chucked my faceplate holder case and radio removal tools. (I made sure to get the case and tools from them later.) I had to spend considerable time later to solder the connections because one of the crimps came loose.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I was shopping for a head unit recently and I was mostly choosing between JVC R900 and Kenwood KDC-x994. Both are the highest end models of the respective manufacturers. JVC R900 has bluetooth phone support for hands free calling and rear USB connector, the two features I absolutely demanded. It also has three sets of 5V preamp outputs, something people with high end audio gear would appreciate. In the end I went with Kenwood though. It has everything JVC has (except the preamps at 4V, and that 4V is likely overrated), plus digital time alignment. I had this unit for about 2 months and absolutely love it. The screen has four lines of configurable text. I can see track title, album title, track time, current time, phone charge and wireless signal strength at the same time. At first the screen was hard to see but I reversed the background and text color and it looks fine now. The DTA feature is a gem. Delay the speaker closest to you by about 0.8 ft, and the sound stage will shift from the closest windshield corner to the center of console. If your music is sorted into folder by genre/artist/album title, finding an album out of 200 on the same drive is easy. I converted my entire music collection in to 320kbit mp3 files and have it all on a single 16GB USB stick plugged into the unit. Gone are the days of carrying stashes of scratcheable CDs around into the car. I recommend it. However, based on reviews, it seems like there had been a nasty batch of these units. Some people say it hangs reading USB media and such. Kenwood is replacing it with x995 right now, which means that some x994s can be picked up on the cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts