Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the bright 20,000+ MCD LEDS on ebay all the time, i'm wondering if anyone has ever tried adapting them to headlights.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3845533243&rd=1

maybe an LM317T to drop the voltage to 3.5Volts and about 175 Ohm resistance to limit the current to 20mA.

You could probably get all creative and make a ring of blue leds around the white led nucleus, getting that whole BWM angel eye look going :)

thoughts ? projects/pictures ?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I once tried to use those APC LED turn signal lights and it turned out to be too dim for daytime driving. At night they looked good but they were not lighting up the whole housing.

Sounds like an interesting project though,

S

·
0 Posts
yeah some of the single LEDs will have to be angled in order for the reflection to bounce off the reflective mirror dish thing... Sounds like a good idea DMX! I for one have other problems right now then lighting. When I get the rear wheels and get the front end painted. I'll probably pursue this. I'll keep you all informed.

I'll need some specs of the LEDs and some diagram of some sort. Hmmm... interesting!

Sal

·
Registered
359 Posts
I know Sylvania is working on this, currently. They are developing an LED headlight system just to see if it can work. I'd say getting the light pattern and everything right is the hardest part. I don't know if you'll ever see these come to pass on production cars because a) they last too long and companies would lose too much money and B) HIDs look cooler!

Interesting stuff, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts