Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
If it is not hopping, make it so.. contact the Chapter President and offer to help out with a meet-up or even a Sunday get together..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I would love to do that but I'm not even in the chapter yet and this is like only my first week here. I do however have to wonder why it's always the big city areas that people are from and not many from rural areas. Kinda stumps me. I'm almost smack dab in the middle of the state.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
QUOTE (rudedog @ Jul 14 2009, 05:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739446
QUOTE (Insideout414 @ Jul 11 2009, 08:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=738739
Well I would love to do that but I'm not even in the chapter yet and this is like only my first week here. I do however have to wonder why it's always the big city areas that people are from and not many from rural areas. Kinda stumps me. I'm almost smack dab in the middle of the state.[/b]
As southern chapter pres, I've had guys PM me asking why a lot of the "big-city" people in the club seem to look down on the 20-22" wheels and the bling bling "look" on the genIII/IV cars, and use that as an excuse why they and their friends(other Taurus owners) in their town won't participate in the club. There a group of guys near SanAntonio that got with me stating that exact reason for not joining the club, asking if they could start their own sub-regional chapter.
[/b][/quote]

I like my bling bling 15" maypop tires complete with deformed (bent) rim! Down with bling, in with the 'used' look of a real car :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Alot of the active-ness of the chapters has to do with location of members as well as just general population. From what I've seen in my years on this board(granted i dont post alot but i havent had $ to work on my car, etc) I can say that the Southern and Northeast chapters are probably the most active. I can definitely speak for the South bc I used to live there and Rudy is awesome!!! as are the rest of the guys on the SHO side of it.

I have read recent posting in the south boards about them having their own ROTB typoe event but i guess got in trouble(idk but not gonna dwell on it) Alot of the members are in bigger city type areas bc thats how it is. Im in a morre rural type part of Iowa and I drive around w/ club stickers on my windows(may need new soon tho) and notice teens and some adults in Taurus' reading it and a few writing it down. I am moving to WV soon so yet another chapter change...where I think there are no members at all near by..just like in Iowa bc we are very spread out

and with what Rudy said about those guys in SA wanting to start a sub-chapter...that would have to go through the mods i think. guess thats it....oh yea and as far as the whole big city bling bling 20 in rims thing...it depends how its done...some have tendency to over do it...ive seen some that were done tastefully but then some over the top

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
I actually posted in the chapter mods section about giving CO and KS back to the South, as it's a much more active chapter, there was only 1 reply.

·
Registered
283 Posts
KS should go with the midwest...as should iowa but im not complaining bc im moving to WV which falls in the NE i believe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
sable_punk02
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing