Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passed one going southbound on I75 yesterday, around Troy (north of Detroit). I was toddling along on the left lane when I saw it coming up (the rear end gave it away as the new model, had to look a little harder to realize it was an SHO). It was the same exact color as the one in the press photos too.

Slowed down a little bit, had to explain to my friend what it was and that it's a 2010 model. She asked if I was going to slow down some more so we can get right next to it :ph34r:

Anyone else seen one on the streets? I thought they weren't being sold yet.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
In that area, it could have been a Ford engineer doing a shakedown cruise, an NHTSA (Ann Arbor) copy out for testing, or even just a Ford exec who took it home on a lark.

When he was early in his teens, my son sold Sunday newspapers on the corner of Huron and Main in Ann Arbor, THE main "downtown" intersection.

The money was OK, but he mainly did it because so many luxury imports and soon-to-be-released cars went by or stopped to buy a paper and show him the features, since his enthusiasm for cars got to be pretty well known. They were mainly being driven by NHTSA folks.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Dad got to see a red one at the dealership he works at. The guy who designed it drove it there to check on his personal car that was being worked on.

Yesterday my brother saw a black one driving on a main road near my house.

I still haven't seen the 2010 fords on the road yet... But there is a 2010 fusion billboard on my way to work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I saw one a couple of weeks ago near Beck & Joy Road (near Plymouth, MI). Silver paint, looks really good. Not sure about the tail lights, but the rest of the car looks good.

·
Registered
119 Posts
No surprises really. Probably out having the fun before us at a Ford dealer or some engineers. Dealers up there get stuff before and right when stuff is for sale, as well as the areas where the cars are built. So pretty much the Chicago area too.

But who cares? All we need to be focused on is that these will be on the road in a matter of months. :banana:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
As I posted on another thread, I saw a 2010 Fusion on a car carrier the other day...

I don't expect to see a new SHO until well into the summer tho!

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I can't wait to pull up next to a person in a 2010 SHO, complement them on their new purchase, then blow them off the line with my 95 SHO when its turbo'd B)

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
I think your '95 might have it's hands full :ph34r: It'd be close :grin2:

The Ford dealer near me has a bunch of 2010 Fusions now...I need to go drive one.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Havent seen a new Taurus yet... but I have seen a new Fusion/Milan/MKZ at the auto show and my boss just ordered a new Fusion Hybrid in Tuxedo Black... we talked for a good hour about the car today at work haha

·
Registered
60 Posts
I saw a 2010 Fusion at my local dealer Saturday.

It and the prev. gen Fusion were parked side by side, and then in the row behind it - a few tradeins, featuring an '08 Accord, '07 Camry, '08 Corolla, '08 330i & an '08 Altima hahaha.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Yeah, the first thing I thought when I saw the new and old Fusions parked next to each other was "Wow, that makes the old one look stodgy."

That's coming from someone who loves the old Fusion - I think they did a great job on the new one.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
I like the new fusion much better. I've always thought the 3 bar grill on the original fusion was awkward....but it's def grown up B)

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
QUOTE (SilverThunder @ Mar 30 2009, 11:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713909
I like the new fusion much better. I've always thought the 3 bar grill on the original fusion was awkward....but it's def grown up B)[/b]
Agreed... and although it's bigger on the '10 it looks better.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was surprised at how big the new SHO is though...it's like the size of a town car. I guess I've forgotten how much bigger the newer 500/taurus/mkz's are compared to my old gen 2.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Yay for this:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Nice Ford. They spelled everything correctly, car looks great/edgy and it's simple to the point ad. Chevy on the other hand (this was apparently on national TV during a commercial break for Heroes in the last day or two).:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Lmao! Wow... I never liked the traverse anyway.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts