Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks doable. Tough but doable. If that square block of wires above the PCV can be moved upward, it looks like there might be room to get in there to remove ..... and then (hopefully) replace.

Anyone done it?

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Are you talkin about removing the air intake silencer and the piping that leads up to the filter box??

·
Registered
341 Posts
no he's talking about removing the upper intake manifold to get to the pcv valve. that square box of wires sounds like the coil pack, and if you're gonna go through all that trouble to get a pcv valve, you oughtta just change out your spark plugs while you're back there. supposedly you can get to the pcv valve w/out removing the UIM, but it won't be fun.

good luck, and if you get it done you can come over and do mine :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
With 4 cars in my family always needing work if I am thinkning about the correct car 96 Duratec all I did was remove the throttle body and one of the cooling hoses to replace the PCV, still wasn't easy due to the way the hoses are running to and from

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Once I finally get a weekend to do it, I'm doing the PCV and the plugs and wires, but I'm just going to remove the UIM. It's easier that way, and I won't have to fight things every step of the way.

JR

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I don't know why you have to remove anything other than the air inlet tube to change the pcv valve. It's under the throttle body, so the coil pack has no bearing on it. True, removing the coil pack is necessary for changing the plugs, but the pcv valve you should be able to get at just by pulling the air tube off of the throttle body - it'll be tight, but that's how i did mine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I got my package from Rockauto yesterday with 6 Motorcraft plugs. Fine.

The PCV, which I ordered was different. My manual says the car, '00 Sable Duratec, requires an EV243. That's what I ordered. They sent a EV 268. Now, I can't tell if it's the same as the one in the car since I can't see under all that stuff on top. But this EV 268 PCV has this little pipe that goes around the neck of the valve with each hollow end sticking out about 2". What's up with that?

I go to the Motorcraft Parts web and they say my car calls for an EV 152 PCV.... even though the manual calls for EV243.

Jeeeez. I'm thinking I'll return the damn thing and just go without changing the PCV.... forever. I changed the front 3 plugs without removing anything and am pretty sure I can also get the rear bank plugs.

Anyone know the correct PVC for this car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts