Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Taurus se an I am looking for a play that will help me build up my ford from nothing to at least a little "umph". Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you have a nice day.

·
Registered
233 Posts
2004 Taurus se
For 2004, the SE came with the Vulcan engine. It only produces 155 hp. The Duratec engine, which was available on the two higher option packages, produced 200 hp.

A shop really is not going to be able to give that car any oomph. Depending on how much sound/noise you can deal with, the place to start is reducing weight. There’s a lot of weight in the trunk, in the door panels, and the seats. There are lighter, aftermarket wheels and those would give you more options on tires. A transmission fluid & filter change, synthetic oil, differential, and power steering fluid’s might help. Making sure that the throttlebody is as clean as possible does wonders.

All that said, it’s really only going to be a little bit quicker than another similar era Taurus. If you really like the car but you are open to trading it for another Taurus, look for one with the 24V motor. It really is only about the same modifications but you’re starting with almost 1/3 rd more horsepower.

There are some people who’ve done cold air intakes, water injection, and more. If you put the cars on a dyno, they’re probably getting the same, maybe even less, and certainly not much more horsepower than original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts