Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a pair in last November. They're made by Sylvania and are white..... WHITE. I'd read several places that recommended them. Got mine at Advance Auto at 2 for $32 and they had a $6 mail in rebate... so net $26 for the pair.

They really are an improvment over the standard bulb. I'd say they add about 20%+ light and perhaps more with the high beams.

Anyway, if you see them on sale or do much night driving, try them out. Every time my headlights come on..... White, WHITE.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have them. I paid $16 for both. Also, has anyone ever been followed by a car that has silverstars? My girlfriend and I switched cars the other night and my headlights were blinding. I feel sorry for the people that I follow. :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
See if the coupom is on their website and print it and take it to walmart.

Mike
B)

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
You can find them on ebay for $30/pair shipped. I plan on trying some out on the Mustang soon.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I ordered some APC XENON GAS for $25 for the pair and I happen to like the APC more than the Silverstars. I have had the Sylvannia cheaper Super Whites they were ok, then upgraded to the Silverstars and they were cool, then I found the APC ones, the bulb is a dark dark blue and from the front my taurus looks like a BMW or Caddy or something. They a better boom for your buck. Checker model number 9007 for gen II.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Originally posted by mwt@Sep 29 2004, 08:14 PM
See if the coupom is on their website and print it and take it to walmart.

Mike
B)
i may be an idiot, but im a 19 year old guy, i dont shop AT ALL.... will printing it out really work? how will they know i didnt photoshop that out of no where, unless they know the company has it for print on the website?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Originally posted by Rubix@Sep 29 2004, 08:10 PM
MAN i wish i had one of those near me, $40 is WAY to expensive for headlights, even $35.
If $35 is too much than you certainly don't wanna go HID.

$500+ (used) and you better hope you don't blow out a bulb or ballast :unsure:

I have silverstars in my other Taurus that were on my 98. I used to buy the Xenon gas hyper white bulbs (purplish color bulb) and I think they may have been better than the silverstars and I had some blue Xenon bulbs and they looked AWESOME against the snow but just avarage on the road but the silverstars seem to be the best for the dollar. Someday I'll look into getting an upgraded harness for the silverestars.

Silverstars aren't this sharp and bright, and these are the low beams

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
I love mine. I paid $26 for them at "Club Wal-Easy" (Wal-Mart)

·
Registered
187 Posts
i followed my friend home in his jeep one night when his drive shaft decided to just fall out, and he said the ride was horrible because my silver stars are so bright. i reckon they are worth the 40 bucks i paid for em at advance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Every thing is so expensive up here in Canada. Silverstars go for $28 each at a local auto store. I would love to get them but not at that outrageous price. OEM bulbs go for $7. :angry:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
And heres one from the front about 25 feet away and the silverstars don't have the brights on this time.

Silverstars are in the 96 on the right and the HIDs in the 98 on the left

And I think you can tell the 98 is lower than 96, thanx to Eibach

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by calvin@Sep 30 2004, 02:48 PM
Every thing is so expensive up here in Canada. Silverstars go for $28 each at a local auto store. I would love to get them but not at that outrageous price. OEM bulbs go for $7. :angry:
$28 CDN or USD???

If it's 28 bucks CDN, it's about the same as what we pay here for them USD...

JR

1 - 20 of 21 Posts