Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a buddy of mine who has a 1995 Cutlass Supreme.

He recently had a brake light stop working. He took it to a shop (he knows nothing about cars) So he took it in to get the brake light fixed, after they fixed that, the tail lights stopped working. So he took it back they fixed the tail lights, but now when he has his turn signal on, and his pressed the brake pedal, the signal lights stop and he just gets solid brake lights. It sounds to me like a broken relay or something doesn't it? He took it back to the place but they couldn't figure it out. Thought I'd see if anyone here could help before he takes it to the stealership...

Thanks guys.

Ben

B

·
0 Posts
Take it to a shop that knows how to follow wiring diagrams and use a test light. They've crossed something between the directional and brake lights. Without seeing the car, it's hard to tell what, but that's what's happened.

·
Premium Member
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright I will advise him to do that. Hopefully he doesn't take it to the dealership. Man payin $90 an hour for somone to follow wires for hours would suck!! Thanx Bob

·
Registered
263 Posts
Originally posted by Zeptoplix@Feb 12 2004, 02:44 AM
Hey I have a buddy of mine who has a 1995 Cutlass Supreme.

He recently had a brake light stop working. He took it to a shop (he knows nothing about cars) So he took it in to get the brake light fixed, after they fixed that, the tail lights stopped working. So he took it back they fixed the tail lights, but now when he has his turn signal on, and his pressed the brake pedal, the signal lights stop and he just gets solid brake lights. It sounds to me like a broken relay or something doesn't it? He took it back to the place but they couldn't figure it out. Thought I'd see if anyone here could help before he takes it to the stealership...

Thanks guys.

Ben
Mid 90's GM cars are plagued with light wiring problems. He will likely pay more then the car is worth to fix the problem.

I would get it fixed soon because my buddy got his gf a 94 lumina and it had problems with the brake lights and turn signals then the multifunction switch started on fire.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
pat there was a recall for that which fixed that multi function switch fire problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts