Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I removed the DRL module from my 99' Sable today in an attempt to get the DRL's working. (since they are required here). Anyways, once i got the bumper off, the module and wiring didn't correspond to what i have on my manual. (I have the 1996-1999 yellow colored DVD.) The manual shows an 8-pin configuration along with the module that has the heat fins on it. My setup is a 6 pin configuration, (although there are only 5 wires going to it), along with a module with no heatsink and part number: XL2T-15A270-AB. Picture is below. I need the proper pinpoint tests, connector pinouts, and wiring diagrams if anybody has them, because when i try to open a wiring diagram, it gives me an error. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance,

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
please post a reply when it is printed off so i can remove it. this is because i am on a picture limited account thank you.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
please post a reply when it is printed off so i can remove it. this is because i am on a picture limited account thank you.
thank you. you can now delete the image.

·
Registered
587 Posts
My setup is a 6 pin configuration, (although there are only 5 wires going to it),,

there should be 6 wires to it do not forget you said that. one is a black ground the others i would have to look up. also check the fuses it sounds like a wire worked it self loose.

·
Registered
587 Posts
by the way my book has 7 wire just match up what one works best with wire colors. also here is a pic of it. pleas tell me if you need it or not

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there should be 6 wires to it
There really is only 5 wires going to it. The sixth hole in the connector is molded shut. And as far as wire colours go, the diagram you gave me with the six wire module doesn't match, and neither does the other diagrams you gave. The only wire colours i have are: Orange, Purple/Orange, Black, Purple/Blue, and Red/Black. (but that's not in order..) Four out of five wires match to the diagrams. I have no idea where the red/black wire comes from. Is it possible that this car was wired for no DRL's? For one thing, the car was sold in Canada, so they are required, and secondly, the module is there. Except its wiring is a mystery to me. If you have any other suggestions, your input would be appreciated. I guess my next step is replacing the module. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
There really is only 5 wires going to it. The sixth hole in the connector is molded shut. And as far as wire colours go, the diagram you gave me with the six wire module doesn't match, and neither does the other diagrams you gave. The only wire colours i have are: Orange, Purple/Orange, Black, Purple/Blue, and Red/Black. (but that's not in order..) Four out of five wires match to the diagrams. I have no idea where the red/black wire comes from. Is it possible that this car was wired for no DRL's? For one thing, the car was sold in Canada, so they are required, and secondly, the module is there. Except its wiring is a mystery to me. If you have any other suggestions, your input would be appreciated. I guess my next step is replacing the module. Thanks for your help.
I have attached the wiring diagram necessary to troubleshoot the DRL's.

The Orange wire is 12 volts in RUN only.
The Violet/Orange wire is 12 volts at all times.
The Violet/Light Blue wire is a signal wire telling the DRL module the high beams are on.
The Black wire is GROUND.
The Dark Green/Orange wire is the output to turn the DRL's ON. This may be your Red/Black wire.
The Light Blue/Black wire is a signal to keep the DRL's OFF if the parking brake is engaged. It is possible this feature is not used in Canada.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have attached the wiring diagram necessary to troubleshoot the DRL's.

The Orange wire is 12 volts in RUN only.
The Violet/Orange wire is 12 volts at all times.
The Violet/Light Blue wire is a signal wire telling the DRL module the high beams are on.
The Black wire is GROUND.
The Dark Green/Orange wire is the output to turn the DRL's ON. This may be your Red/Black wire.
The Light Blue/Black wire is a signal to keep the DRL's OFF if the parking brake is engaged. It is possible this feature is not used in Canada.
Thanks for the diagram and your reply. I would now need to know where that red/black wire goes to, because I have already tested the other wires. If it takes the place of the dark/green orange wire, where would I trace it to?

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Thanks for the diagram and your reply. I would now need to know where that red/black wire goes to, because I have already tested the other wires. If it takes the place of the dark/green orange wire, where would I trace it to?

If you look at the connector on the DRL module, is it possible to read numbers to identify the pins on the connector? The numbers would be quite small and hard to read.

Anyway, I found a Red/Black wire on this diagram. May be helpful.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I will get back to you on that next time i go at it. but thanks for the diagram.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts