1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
39 Posts
Haven't seen it before. Interesting, but I can't say I'm a fan of extra 'safety' gadgets on cars. Add extra stuff to make the car 'safer' then provide more distractions for the driver with an onboard computer. -.- You end up about where you were before. But then, I don't even like air bags. :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
That is pretty hot looking and brings up a number of questions. First, is there a stereo in there somewhere. Looks like there might be a cd slot above that set-up screen and one might think that it might have touch controls on the set up screen which would be pretty sweet. Secondly I wonder what kind of engine is in it since you notice that one of the set-ups is called SVT which makes me wonder if it's fast or if you can do different computer chip setups with the screen, simalar to this new chip controller you can buy for diesel pick-up trucks that let you dial up the horsepower depending on the application, for example more hp and torque for towing. I also like that T2S logo next to the control screen. Hopefully there will be more written about this concept or if someone from Ford knows about it fill us in.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
That's pretty awesome. My SEL Premium came with "seat postition sensing airbags" both in front and side. I think that is a great advancement in safety features.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Ford did a special segment with the Taurus and the Explorer a few months back on SpeedVision. I bet they will re-run that again soon. Gota say...Ford is really coming out with some great ideas.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
702 Posts
Originally posted by beamout@Aug 23 2004, 04:34 PM
First, is there a stereo in there somewhere. Looks like there might be a cd slot above that set-up screen and one might think that it might have touch controls on the set up screen which would be pretty sweet.
Look on the very bottom of the dash, under the computer screen and under the lighter. Theres something there that looks like the CD symbol. Maybe its a dash mounted changer?

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
That's pretty cool. Personally, I'd like to take most electronics out of cars, but then I guess Alberto wouldn't have a job. I kind of expected this type of a car from Ford, but I'm suprised it took so long for them to do (or for us to find out about it). After all, Volvo has been doing stuff like this for YEARS. Ford was bound to grab some of their Kool-Aid and put it in one of their platforms.

JR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts