Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have removed the dealer sticker, the TAURUS emblem and the LIMITED emblem from m trunk. Now I need to remove the FORD emblems on my grille and the trunk. Anyone know how to go about doing this?

·
Premium Member
7,537 Posts
I believe you can use fishing line to saw across the glue on the back side. Clean up with some solvent/goo gone to get the excess off. I think they just use a weatherproof double-sided tape/foam to stick them on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. I'd LOVE a set of TCCA emblems to replace them with! That black bull would look awesome.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you still have the emblems? would ya sell em?
Yes, and yes :) I just need to figure out what I want to replace them with before I take them off.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Just don't replace them with a bowtie. :lol2:

Seriously. :mellow:

:lol2:

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I moved my emblems around and removed them using fishing line, but be warned it will leave a lot of residue behind. I used bug and tar remover followed by Adam's Polishes Revive Polish to remove all the residue. It took a bit of elbow grease to get the trunk lid clean, but I think it was worth the work. Here's a photo of the finished look:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.