Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just testing the waters to see if anybody is up for a meet sometime this summer in or around Wisconsin!

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Yes, but I hope there will actually be a turnout of other Midwest members.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess we could always do chicago. The last one we did was in LaCrosse. We also did one in Appleton.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
As long as its not too far. Chicago is a bit on the far side for me at least.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anybody else??

·
Registered
80 Posts
Interesting idea but the when means more than the where for me. I only have Sat's off and even that is iffy if one of the other guys are on vaca that week. Now that it is summertime.....

So????

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
I'm still up for a meet; I can't make it to MASS-ive because of work conflicts that week. :angryfire: I don't, however, work weekends and most of the Midwest is within a fairly easy driving distance. So, fordtaurus2000, you suggested setting up a meet; where and when do you think would be good? FWIW, (Uh, oh... :jacked: ) it seems like somewhere equidistant between central Wisconsin and western Indiana will be the ideal spot for everyone who has responded; might I suggest a location up north towards the state line like Richmond, Island Lake, McHenry or Wauconda; that would probably work better as those who have responded here and might show up are mostly from the northern areas. I don't see locations for mscottc or 900Trophy, but I'd guess that somewhere a little further south than Wisconsin might be less of a distance for where they hail from. So conceivably, this Midwest meet could be for eight or nine: fordtaurus2000, 900Trophy, mscottc, ragjungle, dark_fire, JarodMacintosh, SteveRC, maybe corey, and myself. Sounds like a great time, let's try to coordinate when everybody's available and get this one off the ground! :forum_Logo:

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ May 24 2009, 11:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727702
I'm still up for a meet; I can't make it to MASS-ive because of work conflicts that week. :angryfire: I don't, however, work weekends and most of the Midwest is within a fairly easy driving distance. So, fordtaurus2000, you suggested setting up a meet; where and when do you think would be good? FWIW, (Uh, oh... :jacked: ) it seems like somewhere equidistant between central Wisconsin and western Indiana will be the ideal spot for everyone who has responded; might I suggest a location up north towards the state line like Richmond, Island Lake, McHenry or Wauconda; that would probably work better as those who have responded here and might show up are mostly from the northern areas. I don't see locations for mscottc or 900Trophy, but I'd guess that somewhere a little further south than Wisconsin might be less of a distance for where they hail from. So conceivably, this Midwest meet could be for eight or nine: fordtaurus2000, 900Trophy, mscottc, ragjungle, dark_fire, JarodMacintosh, SteveRC, maybe corey, and myself. Sounds like a great time, let's try to coordinate when everybody's available and get this one off the ground! :forum_Logo:[/b]
If i'm given about a weeks notice as to what date the meet is I can ask for the day off with out any problems, also there is a car show in monmouth Il unsure of the dates but it is in July or August will post dates as soon as I find out.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
QUOTE (corey @ May 25 2009, 10:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727922
QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ May 24 2009, 11:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727702
I'm still up for a meet; I can't make it to MASS-ive because of work conflicts that week. :angryfire: I don't, however, work weekends and most of the Midwest is within a fairly easy driving distance. So, fordtaurus2000, you suggested setting up a meet; where and when do you think would be good? FWIW, (Uh, oh... :jacked: ) it seems like somewhere equidistant between central Wisconsin and western Indiana will be the ideal spot for everyone who has responded; might I suggest a location up north towards the state line like Richmond, Island Lake, McHenry or Wauconda; that would probably work better as those who have responded here and might show up are mostly from the northern areas. I don't see locations for mscottc or 900Trophy, but I'd guess that somewhere a little further south than Wisconsin might be less of a distance for where they hail from. So conceivably, this Midwest meet could be for eight or nine: fordtaurus2000, 900Trophy, mscottc, ragjungle, dark_fire, JarodMacintosh, SteveRC, maybe corey, and myself. Sounds like a great time, let's try to coordinate when everybody's available and get this one off the ground! :forum_Logo:[/b]
If i'm given about a weeks notice as to what date the meet is I can ask for the day off with out any problems, also there is a car show in monmouth Il unsure of the dates but it is in July or August will post dates as soon as I find out.
[/b][/quote]
I was just looking at map quest and Peoria and Moline is about a 3 hr drive from Brian_05_SEL's location and mine as well unsure of distance for anybody else, so if anybody is within the 3 hr range of the 2 locations like Chicago Il, Dubuque Iowa, St Louis Mo , and Indianapolis In would still be up for a meet that would be awsome

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I want to plan a meet. I'm located in Sheboygan WI which is about 2.5 hours from Chicago We just need to find a place I guess in Ill and a date. I can take off work when ever I want.

Looking at other peoples location; Chicago are seems to look the best. Does someone have a house or a mall tha twe could meet at. Then fry out or go out for dinner? Since I'm not from Ill , I'm leaving you guys to pick a location.

***********Otherwise ************

If you guys dont mind driving north - you could come to Milwaukee and we could go to the Harley Davidson Museum. Just a thought. That might get some more Wisconsin people.

Last time I was i nChicago for a meet It was at Jrods house..... Hey Jrod!!!!!!

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Busse Woods is five minutes from my house, and Woodfield Mall is also nearby- the largest mall in Illinois, one of the biggest in the Midwest. The Schaumburg/Elk Grove area sounds like a winner to me.

Here is the location of Busse Woods; Grove #17 is in the upper-left corner, where the Focus Nation meet will be held. :thumb:

Busse Woods- Elk Grove, IL

·
Registered
80 Posts
Busse sounds good, very unsure about the 4th though due to family obligations.

I remember wanting to do last years but was rained out in morning. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
If you give me a time of day it sounds good to me, Schaumburg is only 3 hrs from my house so it shouldn't be a long drive

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Is anybody still going to this meet if so let me know. also need time of day and the place we are meeting .

1 - 20 of 45 Posts