Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have got to get rid of it before I can buy another Car that can hopefuly get me better gas milage we do not enough room in the driveway for 6 cars (hell, there's barely enough for 3)

Transmission was rebuilt about 1500 Miles ago, untill the new torque converter blew out, then the tranny was cleaned up, cracked open, and new seals put on with new converter no more than 350 Miles ago.

its a 91 Merc Sable GS, with 3.8l. 217K on body, unknown on engine, but runs decent, no power loss, engine and rest of car have never left me stranded (only when tranny went out and then the converter). Rack and Pinion as well as power steering pump need to be replaced, and that's all the problems that my mechanic told me I still had (just put new brakes all around about 6 months ago, maybe less) Have all paper work for Tranny work, not sure about the breaks though..

BTW, the car is in Fort Myers, Florida

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, well, someone make me an offer if its too much $, or give me some suggestions on how to get rid of it and still make enough money for atleast a small down payment. I don't want to register this car again, and tags need to be put on since the sticker says 05-04

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd like to get $750 since I just had them both replaced and it ran me $1500. but I need to get rid of the car too, so I'd be selling the whole, drivable car, with the tranny and TC for $750. Only things that don't work on the car are Power steering, A/C, and Cruise Control. other than that, all power options that the car has work great.

I'm willing to budge a little on the price, but not too much since I have to have enough to add onto my down payment so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts