Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried the search, but no luck. I want to replace the pcv valve and the piping for it. Can someone help me out with part numbers? The car is a 98 dohc. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just went to autozone and bought a new pcv valve. The elbow is probably a dealer part, so I just put a regular vacuum line on. I know there is the problem that it will pinch off the airflow, but I needed a quick fix. My other hose was leaking. Hope this helps. Do a search on here for pcv valve, you will get a ton of information.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I just went to autozone and bought a new pcv valve. The elbow is probably a dealer part, so I just put a regular vacuum line on. I know there is the problem that it will pinch off the airflow, but I needed a quick fix. My other hose was leaking. Hope this helps. Do a search on here for pcv valve, you will get a ton of information.
[/b]
The part you're talking about only comes from Ford with the plastic tube (about $30).

http://www.taurusclub.com/wiki/index.php/G..._P0174_Solution

I think the big elbow *may* be replaceable with this part from AutoZone:

Dorman part #46017

If it is the same size as the one on the front and rear valve cover, then it is a match.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i know my elbow had cracked and was leaking...... we just replaced it wiht an old spark plug boot.... and seemed to fix it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts