Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (clydesdale @ Apr 5 2009, 06:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715355
I am looking for the extensive coolant flush. THANKS.[/b]
Hello. I'm a newbie, but my past experience with coolant flush is mostly in relation to flushing out the heater core. I would drain the radiator a bit before starting and then disconnect the heater hoses (one goes into the firewall and one comes out of the firewall). Use a garden hose to force water into one side. Be gentle, but use enough water pressure to force the gunk out of the other heater hose. Once it starts running clear, I would put the garden hose into the other side of the heater hose to create a reverse flush. Usually it will flush out a little more gunk. If you do this a few times each direction and button everything back up, your heat will be hotter and your heater core gunk will be gone. If you want to flush out the entire cooling system, you may want to see what other fellow Taurus/Sable owners recommend.
Phil

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (clydesdale @ Apr 5 2009, 07:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715355
I am looking for the extensive coolant flush. THANKS.[/b]
\
Do a search on "clinton"

The method for reverse flushing involves water and "air" pressure. The thread was moved to January 2008 by the wonderful guy who invented it. There are pictures and 2 pages of comments... read it all before you start.

This REALLY works!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I think he already knows about the Clinton method, but since it was done on a Vulcan and he has a Duratec, he wants to know which hoses to use...

ledzep, how did you drain your radiator first?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody have pics of this on the Duratec or atleast a detailed explanation? Does everyone splice into the heater hoses with a coolant flush kit from an autopart store?

QUOTE (mmmfloorpie @ Apr 8 2009, 12:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716131
I think he already knows about the Clinton method, but since it was done on a Vulcan and he has a Duratec, he wants to know which hoses to use...

ledzep, how did you drain your radiator first?[/b]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts