Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm recovering from a shoulder injury that developed late last year, so I'm a little hesitant to attempt a 1RM for my bench press. But, today I wanted to see what I could do, so I loaded up the bar with 315 and knocked out 7 reps. I tried to find one of those max estimaters online, but I only found one, and it doesn't give you the formula it uses.

This is the one I found. http://www.angelfire.com/ar/mathgod/bench.html I have no idea what the hell a mayhew or a lander is, I just want to get an idea of what I should be putting up. Does anybody have an accurate max bench estimater or max bench chart?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Ill ask my weight lifting teacher tmrw, if he's there. Im sure he knows.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Were you able to get a hold of your teacher? It's not really important, but it's bugging me. I just remembered that back when I was maxing 365, I could only get 315 for 4 or 5 reps. So, hopefully I'm about back to where I was before I strained my rotator cuff.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
He has some dumb meeting today and tmrw. He told me on Friday, so Ill try then. dang...why should you worry, maxxing @ 365, congrats!

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, before I strained my rotator cuff I put up 390. I just want to find out if I'm about as strong as I was without actually attempting a 1RM. Also, I need an estimate so I can set a goal for this program that uses percentages of your max.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts