Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday two of my friends and I loaded into my SHO to head down to the beach for the week. On the way there, this happens.
http://www.hosting.superhighoutput.com/99v8sho/Car%20Pics/SHO%20pics/accident%20damage.jpg' alt='' width='800' height='600' class='attach' />[/url]

But this is the damage to her car.
[url=http://www.hosting.superhighoutput.com/99v8sho/Car%20Pics/SHO%20pics/accident%20damage2.jpg][img]http://www.hosting.superhighoutput.com/99v8sho/Car%20Pics/SHO%20pics/accident%20damage2.jpg' alt='' width='800' height='600' class='attach' />[/url]

I was stopped because there were a few cars in front of me stopped waiting for a car to turn, and I look in my mirror and see this Accord approaching very fast. I say "Oh ****" and not more than half a second later the Accord slams into the back of me going maybe 30-35 mph. I don't even think she hit the brakes. Everyone was ok and both cars were drivable. From the looks of it, the only damage to my car is the bumper and bumper reinforcement. Everything looks straight underneath, and the trunklid itself is ok. But the upside to this is the scratches on my rear bumper and 1/4 panel get to be fixed now. :thumb: This is the second major accident I have been involved in in less than 2 months, and on the same road where my last accident occurred. s***ty luck, I tell you what. :rant: But this did not stop us from continuing on to the beach and having a hell of a week...at least I think we had a hell of a week, I don't remember very much of it. :D ;)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Wow...that really sucks, at least your car looks great. Now I know what my moms car will look like when it gets into an accident hehehe. Glad to here your ok. Well now your body panels i guess will be ding free. Also glad you had a good time at the beach, it was a nice today to go out boogie boarding.

G

·
You heard about my: smashed wheels > window brocken > radio stolen stuff right? that came to a grand total of $903.. in one month.

**edit.. that's just for the wheels, tires, and radio.. add in a few bucks for the new carlite window.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I remember some of that stuff, but if memory serves it was your fault you tagged the curb and screwed that up. I would not call that bad luck, just bad driving. I actually remember a few of your posts to that effect.
Window broken and radio stolen is bad luck, though.

G

·
Originally posted by 99V8SHO@Jun 11 2004, 05:44 PM
I would not call that bad luck, just bad driving.
:mellow: I'd say bad judgment.. It was on a road I'd never driven on.. and with no lights, no lines, and no other cars the speed I was going wasn't appropriate for the circumstances. I did everything I could to avoid it.. except driving at a "safe" speed.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
It's funny how the rear end of the Taurus is stronger than the front end of most cars. I was rear ended once by a Lumina and both cars got about the same amount of damage as the pics you posted (except my bumper actually popped off on one side).

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Representin' TCCA. B)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Go HonDUH!...use my sig as a reference for what it looked like b4 the accident hehehe.

·
Registered
352 Posts
2 accidents in 2 months? Dude your insurance co. is gonna :boink: you with no vasaline. You better get some cash outa the deal to make up for it. Doesnt your neck hurt REAL bad?

G

·
Originally posted by snakeeyes@Jun 11 2004, 09:05 PM
2 accidents in 2 months? Dude your insurance co. is gonna :boink: you with no vasaline. You better get some cash outa the deal to make up for it. Doesnt your neck hurt REAL bad?
His rates shouldn't go up - the accidents weren't his fault, plus the other people's insurance would have to pay - not his. :)

Glad to hear you're OK! :)

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Ouch, well, no one has worse luck than I when it comes to accidents. I've done a record $5,900 in damages in the less than one year I've had my license. Only two accidents were reported, and the rest were taken care of.

And today, I spend $200 getting stuff finished up from the first accident (new rotors, pads, alignment, tires, etc etc)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My insurance company knows nothing of these two accidents. Even if they did my rates would not go up as they were not my fault. I have not felt any stiffness in my neck whatsoever since the accident, which I am quite surprised at, though my front seat passenger's neck was bothering him the day after but he is fine now. I am just thankful everybody came out of that ok. Cars are easier to fix than people.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, it was a full frontal hit, no the airbags did not go off. I don't think her deceleration was enough to trigger the airbags. I think she may have been going 30, maybe 35 when she hit me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts