Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the original keypad code for my car, and its worked for a while now. All of a sudden, it doesn't. I looked at the post for locating the manufacturer's default code (just in case its different than the one printed on the card that came with the car), but the number isn't on the side of the interior fuse box.

Not sure if this is related but my remote stopped working as well. I fixed that with the ignition on/off reset to detect my transmitter, now the keypad code doesn't work.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
QUOTE (Doctor Butts @ May 28 2010, 08:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807528
I have the original keypad code for my car, and its worked for a while now. All of a sudden, it doesn't. I looked at the post for locating the manufacturer's default code (just in case its different than the one printed on the card that came with the car), but the number isn't on the side of the interior fuse box.

Not sure if this is related but my remote stopped working as well. I fixed that with the ignition on/off reset to detect my transmitter, now the keypad code doesn't work.[/b]
It sounds like the main brain for the locking system has lost it's memory. You may be able to have it reprogrammed, but it could be fried. If it is, the only other option is replacing the main module. Your local Ford/L-M dealer should have the computer to check out your system.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Where is the keypad relative to the door handle? Is it integral to the door handle assembly or does it appear elsewhere on the door itself?

If it appears elsewhere on the door, it's the ford "aftermarket" one. You will need to find the master code that came with it...could be anywhere in the glovebox, owners manual etc. Without the code you are SOL, and will need to purchase a new unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ May 28 2010, 10:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=807538
Where is the keypad relative to the door handle? Is it integral to the door handle assembly or does it appear elsewhere on the door itself?

If it appears elsewhere on the door, it's the ford "aftermarket" one. You will need to find the master code that came with it...could be anywhere in the glovebox, owners manual etc. Without the code you are SOL, and will need to purchase a new unit.[/b]
It's installed above the door handle itself. I do have the master code. I guess I need to go down to the dealer to get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
QUOTE (Doctor Butts @ May 31 2010, 12:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808096

If it appears elsewhere on the door, it's the ford "aftermarket" one. You will need to find the master code that came with it...could be anywhere in the glovebox, owners manual etc. Without the code you are SOL, and will need to purchase a new unit.[/b]
It's installed above the door handle itself. I do have the master code. I guess I need to go down to the dealer to get it fixed.
[/b][/quote]

Does the "master code" work? If it does, then just go to the directions in the owners guide to set a new personal code. The personal code can be lost any time the battery is disconnected or if it runs down.

If the master code doesn't work, then the whole system needs to be reset. See your local dealer for help.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
If it's above the door handle, you have an aftermarket one.

This is what it should look like on a Gen4.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (Doctor Butts @ May 31 2010, 11:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808096

[/b][/quote]
Is the master code the one that came with the car, or the one that came with the keypad. Even cars without keypads came with a card w/a 5 digit code originally.

If it ain't working, you will need to put the vehicle into remote programming mode, and program all of your door remote clickers as well as program the stick on keypad (as it acts like a keyfob).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts