Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago a neighbor backed into my 2013 SHO with his pickup. It smooshed my hood back and the warning lights started flashing on my car. I stopped the warning lights by getting in and starting the car. With the hood looking pretty bad, I didn't try to open it, figuring I wouldn't get it closed again. The car sat for two weeks.

When I was going to take it into the collision shop yesterday, I tried to do a remote start. Just got the horn honk instead. Is it because the alarm was triggered and there is some kind of reset needed, perhaps with a OBDII reader? Or maybe the hood ajar switch is active? Since the SHO is in the shop now, I'll just have to wait to get it back to see how it goes.

·
Registered
2013 SEL
435 Posts
If hood ajar/open or impact sensor buggered, remote start probably won't work.
Per the user manual, the following will prevent remote start from working
  1. the ignition is on
  2. the alarm system is triggered
  3. you disable the feature
  4. the hood is not closed
  5. the transmission is not in P
  6. the vehicle battery voltage is too low
  7. your service engine soon light is on.
See #4.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. From another thread, sounds like the hood ajar sensor/switch is on the same side as where my hood is pushed up. So I'm guessing #4 is the issue.

I had the remote start go out on me several years ago; turned out to be critters chewed up an O2 sensor wire. I didn't have a CEL, but it did throw a code. After fixing the wire I put some black plastic corrugated sleeve over it to keep the wascally wabbits at bay.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The body shop put in a new hood and grill. The remote start works now. The foreman said he cleared all the codes, which included the alarm trigger. He said there were some unrelated codes too, but he didn't remember them all. Oh well, if they are active they'll come back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts