Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Yep. If all goes right, I'll have some of their products on my 93 next year.

·
Registered
369 Posts
:jawdrop: WOW!!! I think I need to start saving right away!!!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
yea i have. we need to find out of the ssx can fit under out hoods.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I wonder if it's really true that you can get 320+ HP with that package???

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I have; you really have to read the fine print for that 320 hp. That is the output for their stage 4 or 5 system, which includes this squarish intake manifold and SC that most certainly will not fit under the taurus hood. The kit you see in the picture is the stage 1 or 2 (I think 2 includes the crower cams) which is good for about 30-40hp at most. You can dl their full catalog to get the real deal behind their claims.

·
Registered
369 Posts
That's ok. 30-40hp added would be a definite up when racing.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
u actually think our axode trannies could take that much power
yes.

I've talked with them at that website before, and the SSX upper most likely will not fit. It is taller than the stock 3.8L RWD manifold, and the stock RWD manifold is too tall for the Taurus...

The FWD 3.8L manifold actually flows better stock for stock compared to the RWD manifold. When I port mine, I am going to do the welding and porting like RGR does to his 3.8L manifolds.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
With that said, I dont remember, did anyone ever settle the dispute once and for all about whether or not the cincysho bulged hoods would fit on a regular Taurus/Sable? For me personally it would be so I can put a taller hat on my blower for a little better flow, i'm sure others would find a way to benefit somehow........like getting clearance for a windstar top end swap :D

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I remember the pics Mikey had of an SHO with the GL hood, so... :coolgleam:

Besides, for someone who builds in-car computers and S/C'ed 3.8's, I don't think modifiing a hood is a problem. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
who needs a hood anyway.. LOL..

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
it looks like it uses the air conditioning to cool the intake or something?
he is up to something :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Originally posted by 93 Sable@Jun 27 2004, 06:12 PM
looks like an air to water intercooler for a supercharger.
I'll second that!

That thing looks badass! No WAY anything like that would clear even a cincy SHO hood. If only someone had access to a CNC machine...

...low profile lower intake...spilt port compatible....M90 mount points :eek: :eek: :eek: That would rock!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
It is indeed an intercooler and it is installed as of this afternoon though running dry. I'm going to connect the pump tomorrow. :)

Craig, I'm not sure how close your blower comes to hitting the hood but remember if you use one of these, you would not use the "plate" on top of your M90 and it would not be spaced below it. The way Ford put that thing in there is really back a$$wards. :)

That and a .540 lift cam should make the beast interesting.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Oh yeah, i forgot about that :) Plus you woudlnt have to notch the blower snout fins to clear the distributor, AND no restrictive blower hat. Hmmmmm

Right now on mine the blower barely touches the hood under hard acceleration - enough to rub off some of the all black paint :angry: One day i'd like to get one of those raised hoods so I can put a....raised hat on. That and a magnaport II blower for a little fun :D

By then i'll certainly have some forged pistons by then so ...yeah :) big plans.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts