Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right forum group for this question, but I am wanting to clean the gray cloth interior on my 2007 Taurus.
Not the headliner, but the front and rear seats.
I bought the vehicle used a few months ago and the interior is in incredible shape, but the driver side seat does has a small stain that looks like a drink was placed between the person's legs, and spilled.

I would like to start with something mild and work my way up.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
The mods might be moving this to Detailing & Cleaning... meanwhile, I've had good luck with Folex, which I learned about from posts here in TCCA.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
For about 20-50 bucks you can rent a carpet cleaner from Ace, True Value, owes, HOme Depot, Stop and shop and use the upholstery attachments. We have a carpet cleaner/steamer at home that was bought for like 150 bucks. Keeps the carpets clean and the attachments come in useful for the car when she is not home and does not know what I am doing :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I've used a product from ZEP. It's labeled as an upholstery cleaner and comes as a wipe. It works really well and has removed some pen ink from the carpet. (Stupid pug).

I have even used them to remove spray paint over-spray from a few spots on the car (although I wouldn't recommend it since it's probably not good for the finish, followed up with some washing and waxing).

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I use my Hoover SteamVac to clean the interior of my car. Works good, and I am overdue for a whole detailing on my Taurus SE...

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Folex has yet to fail me on removing stains from carpet and upholstery.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
AutoZone sells a Turtle Wax brand Oxy-Power (or something like that) cleaner. It has a brush head on the end of the can. It's only like $5 and I think it works great.

·
Registered
870 Posts
When detailing vehicles on the side, I've encountered the horrible pet odor. Fabreze just masks the odor, but it tends to return. Meguiar's makes a great odor eliminator, I've had great results using it. The real way to eliminate the odor is to shampoo the interior. The Bisell Little Green works great for this. With a little bit of elbow grease, a scrub brush and the Little Green, your interior will look like new!

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
QUOTE (RPFlloyd @ May 5 2009, 02:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723053
For about 20-50 bucks you can rent a carpet cleaner from Ace, True Value, owes, HOme Depot, Stop and shop and use the upholstery attachments. We have a carpet cleaner/steamer at home that was bought for like 150 bucks. Keeps the carpets clean and the attachments come in useful for the car when she is not home and does not know what I am doing :ph34r:[/b]
QFTroof.

Anything else will just mask the stain and drive it further down into the upholstery. You need a proper steamer/vac to lift the stain and pull it completely out of the fabric.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Ditto on the carpet machine. We bought a Bissell years ago, and the hand-held attachment works like a champ! The current Bull is leather, but I still use it on the carpet and headliner.

·
Registered
224 Posts
yep agree with the carpet cleaner...use that...ive also had success with the arm&hammer odor elminator (little yellow spray bottle) did a good job getting rid of the odors along with the carpet cleaner....if all else fails use a ton of those little tree air freshners :eek: :lol2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
QUOTE (Kyle's 03 SES @ May 17 2010, 10:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=804851
yep agree with the carpet cleaner...use that...ive also had success with the arm&hammer odor elminator (little yellow spray bottle) did a good job getting rid of the odors along with the carpet cleaner....if all else fails use a ton of those little tree air freshners :eek: :lol2:[/b]
I also support the steam vac / carpet cleaner approach. Just start with a mild concentration of the soap, and work your way up to a more concentrated amount if the stains don't come out. Sometimes it takes a few passes to get it all out. I've had good results doing this.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Spray on Simple Green. Scrub with brush dipped in water. Soak it up with a damp towel or use a wet/dry vac to pull the cleaner and crap out. This also works well on the carpet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts