Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking over this website off and on for about 2-3 years. I recntly purchased my first Taurus...a 1994 Gl Sedan Silver with grey cloth interior mint condition only 100k on it very good shape. grand total of 1300. yay something cheap and reliable! (been through a lot of BS with vehicles in the past year or so)

Well enough about that I just wanted to see some pictures of the various Dual exhaust setups that are out there.

I was thinking about doing a 2.5" from the cat to the muffler then from muffler to 2" duals with fox body LX tail pipes. Of course there would be a resonator somwhere in the mix. Not sure how it would sound, but I think it should look and sound pretty damn good!

Seriously if anyone has done this I swear I havent seen any pics of any dual setups its like they are non existent on this site

S

·
0 Posts
Take a look at my Car Domain Site. You should see some pics of mine there...

Sal

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I think he wants to see a G2 w/ duals.

That sounds like a great idea. BTW, it goes from the Cat to the Resonator to the Muffler. I would recommned taking the system from a police package or a 3.2L SHO. IIRC, you can get performace exhaust systems for the 3.2L SHO which will fit the regular Taurus. The ones for the 3.0L SHOs won't fit on the SLOs.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I've had a talk with my mechanic, and he's got a DynoMax pre-built package that he can order for me that has catback duals... I don't remember the exact muffler spec, but he told me it'll sound a lot like a truck.. quite a bit of rumble... I'll see if I can get a hold of him and ask for the exact specs on the kit... he quoted about $1,000 Cdn for it... that's to pull the single and slide the dual in.

·
Registered
959 Posts
hmmm... mind you, mine apparently has everything when it comes in from the manufacturer... and remember, $500 USD is about $700-$800 cdn.

I have to isolate and fix my coolant and oil leaks first... then the struts get done, and then I'm doing the exhaust, tranny, and I'll probably need to either rebuild or replace my motor by then... 315,000km on the original engine.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
You can get the Dynomax ATX catback from Summit Racing shipped to you for under $300 US, and probably installed for another $100 US. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice I like that, was kinda looking fro gen 2 pics but thanx for posting and not letting my first official post go unanswered! yay!

Yeah I know I can get a dynomax setup but thats not what I want. I want to get something a little different and I can get this done for about 200 bones. just wanted to see what 2nd gens had out there...

·
Registered
959 Posts
RacerX: All I know is that the mechanic won't issue a parts warranty if I supply the part... they'll only warranty the labour. And the kit I'm looking at is a Catback Split with dual tips.

The shop I deal with is an exhaust/driveline specialty shop, and the owner is a big ford freak, so I'm pretty sure I'm getting a good deal, besides the fact that I check a couple other mechanics I've dealt with in the past, and most are quoting higher, or can't get the parts.

Or are totally useless to begin with. :blink:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Borla :-D a little expensive though. hahaha more $ then what u can get for the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts