Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a head unit that always displays clock? Clock seems to have lost priority to USB/SD/BT.

1) preferred is clock display even when HU is off (do they make such a thing?)
2) Clock display when HU is on. What I have now displays clock @ radio, but not @ USB input. Even at @ radio, I have to press "display" button.

Thanks.

·
Registered
610 Posts
My Pioneer DEH-6200BT would display the clock when off. In most higher end HU's its a menu selection in the base settings. The ones you set with the HU off.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
^^

I feel your pain. After I installed an aftermarket head unit, the clock was the only thing that I truly missed from the stock dash. I have searched a long time, but it seems like there are no head units that keep displaying time when they're off. However, recently I installed a new Kenwood x994 head unit. One cool feature that it has is the "stand-by mode". In this mode, the head unit is on, but all sound is off, the amplifier is off (both, internal and external) but the display is on and it displays date, time and other information about the cell phone, and the head unit is ready to accept incoming phone calls through bluetooth. Mind you, the head unit still needs to be on, but it comes on as soon as the engine is started. The clock display can be retained with USB, CD, and radio input as well. The display format is fully configurable for each mode of operations, but unfortunately I found that there is no way to display time AND date at the same time in radio/CD/USB modes, you can only have time, if you want it.

PS: by the way, you can always visit Best Buy and play with their head units on the wall. They carry all the major brands.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Gotta say, this really bugs me with the headunit I installed. It's a Kenwood Excelon X395. I find myself just checking my phone if I want to see what time it is as it's a pain to bring it up on the head unit. I wish it would always display the clock when it was in standby. I'm pretty sure my friends Sony head unit displays it when it's in standby, although there may be an option I'm overlooking on my head unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts