Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i looked under my car to day..big a** puddle of antifrezze on the right side in front of the wheel. the tank was completly emtey..so i got some 50/50 and filled it up waiting to see how much leaks out tonite

·
Registered
222 Posts
look in this thread for the brown coolent pdf. If this pertains to your car look at step 28 you may have a leaky upper radiator hose clamp and need to replace with a screw clamp
Thank Bob and Rockledge for that info.

I may have interpited step 28 wrong. I think the clamp on upper radiator hose was ment for the Tstat housing, but if fluid is leaking from the splash shield under the radiator then its either the hose clamps or the radiator. Clamps are cheap, and can be replaced first

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...c=919&hl=recall

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
by the right side, do you mean the passenger side? Last winter my radiator overflow tank got a crack in it, and leaked out evrywhere. I bought a new one from the dealer for $40.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also have some sort of leak from the driver's side of the radiator. (96 Taurus 3.0 Vulcan) It is slow, losing about 8 oz. of coolant over a period of about a week. I had the bypass kit installed in 1997 and have not had any problem with brown coolant. The problem is that the radiator is so buried, that I can't see if the leak is caused by a bad hose clamp, a leak the upper or lower hose, or the radiator itself. When the weather finally warms up, hopefully removing the bottom splash shield will let me see what's going on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts