Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how does the antenna hook up in a 96 taurus when installing an aftermarket cd player

G

·
The antenna connections are in the trunk - where antenna meets stock HU, which I assume you knew (on driver's side wheel well under carpet). I am guessing you will have to run a wire. Probably not the answer you were looking for but...

oh, and you will probably need connectors to adapt the wires to a "standard" antenna plug that will work on your CD player. That's what I had to do when I put an FM modulator in my 99. These can be had at Best Buy (in the install bay) for ~$5 each.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by jason8225@Apr 3 2004, 12:38 PM
The antenna connections are in the trunk - where antenna meets stock HU, which I assume you knew (on driver's side wheel well under carpet). I am guessing you will have to run a wire. Probably not the answer you were looking for but...

oh, and you will probably need connectors to adapt the wires to a "standard" antenna plug that will work on your CD player. That's what I had to do when I put an FM modulator in my 99. These can be had at Best Buy (in the install bay) for ~$5 each.
greattttttttttttttttttttttt more wiring

thanks

G

·
Originally posted by Firespirit@Apr 3 2004, 07:50 PM
Why do you need to re-wire the antenna?
So his aftermarket cd player can use the antenna for radio.

Anybody else find another way around this?

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
You could always mount the HU in the trunk. It would be original.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts